Great Studio opening up in my area w/ unique concept

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by thesedaze, Mar 17, 2008.

1. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

http://digg.com/music/New_Bakersfield_CA_Recording_Studio_Offers_Unique_Experience

Check it out...I've helped them out with logo and webdesign. They've got a great business concept together and now in full operation. Marketing the small Studio C to singers that want to take their karaoke to the next level, recording professionally w/ licensed backing tracks....Studio A and B are left to the big boys. Studio A is probably the nicest between LA and SF. That's lots of farmland to account for! ha.

The Studio C party type stuff will see the bulk if not all of the advertisement for this place, but hopefully it won't deter from the kick-ass factor of the other 2 rooms.

2. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

A nice key point is in the fact that Studio A has a completely separate entrance and is blocked off from the rest of the place...so privacy shouldn't be an issue for legit artists. Each part of the building/room has magnetic lock entrance as well, so there's no munchkins roaming around room to room. To separate the image further, they are working with ASR Studios for the Studio A and B traditional bookings, and Studio C/marketing side is going by the full American Sound Recording Studios...

Funny side note: The original name was American Sound Studios...I even had a logo done and all before we realized the initials... ;)

3. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

crazy.......

i was at the mall last week--and saw a recording studio kisok....it was so ridiculous.....i had to take pics....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. gregovertone

gregovertone Member

isn't this a tricky grey area?

making recorded copies of other people's tunes, for a living?

5. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I knew of a studio in the DFW area that used to do that, and they just paid ASCAP / BMI fees like radio stations, sports venues, etc.

6. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

Ha yes, I've seen those kiosks in our mall as well...The ASR deal is more about the whole experience....not just being able to go to some guy's porta studio and record.

7. loudboy

loudboy Member

I weep for the "Studio C" engineer.

Loudboy

8. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

ha yes, luckily those guys will be engineers 'in training' type. Talk about boot camp! They've already done 2 parties for relatives of the owners, and of course those girls pushed the 10 person limit by a handful.

Brian relayed a funny story to me about one girl being so excited and screaming into the mic, then screaming because the screaming in the headphones hurt her ears, then all the other girls getting excited because one was screaming, so they all started screaming...man...I feel sorry for the Beatles! Can't imagine how any of them still have their hearing.

9. Elmer

Elmer hell is chrome

Excellent concept, man I wish I had thought of it. I hope they have nothin' but success!

10. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

This stuff has been going on for well over 20+ years in places like Universal Studios. You get a backing track, they have bunches of outfits & props you record your vocal and get videotaped and voila in about an hour you pick up your video. The concept certainly isn't new.

11. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

If you're comparing that to what ASR is, not quite...If you're comparing it to the photos that were posted in this thread (not ASR Studios), then that is about right...Completely different experiences. Magic Mountain (Six Flags) also has something like the Universal Studios deal you described.

12. Sunbreak Music

Sunbreak Music Member

:roll

"Can I go back to making coffee and cleaning bathrooms?"