Great Tune (Derek and the Dominos Content)

bilbal

I heard a great tune on the way home this evening. I had never heard it before but knew it was Clapton. I found out it's called "I Looked Away". I'm trying to figure out how I could have missed this tune for so long... weird!!!

Anyway... what a killer lyric and Clapton at his best in those days, IMO of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ruy3dLT5ss

b

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
It's the first song on Layla. I love that, and it's fun to play on guitar. The solo at the end is one of Clapton's best in my opinion. All the guitar parts on it are Clapton, too, and he had not yet met Duane Allman when they recorded the first four tracks.

John

Last edited:

Jason Carter

Gold Supporting Member
Love that album! The outro solo is perfect....people who down Clapton need to listen to this album before commenting.

Full Monty

Without making this seem like a 'Layla' love in, it's not my favourite track on the album but it's a darn sight better than most other opening tracks on so-called 'classic' albums.

Bluedano1

Without making this seem like a 'Layla' love in, it's not my favourite track on the album but it's a darn sight better than most other opening tracks on so-called 'classic' albums.
And then "Bell Bottom Blues is the next track" (also w/o Duane) that's a 1>2 punch. I love that album. Fun songs to play (as a guitarist) is "Keep on Growing" like trying to nail all the R&B double stops... and then playing lead or rhythm guitar on "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" great music and guitar tones

karmadave

Silver Supporting Member
Probably still my favorite post-Cream Clapton album. In addition to the songs mentioned above there are ripping covers of 'Key to the Highway', 'Little Wing', and 'Have You Ever Loved A Woman'...

elicious

Gold Supporting Member
imo, "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs" is the greatest Clapton record...ever!

meterman

Oh man what a great record, Tell the Truth, I am Yours as well as the songs already mentioned, a classic, I need to bust it back out and listen to it again!

Full Monty

Fun songs to play (as a guitarist) is "Keep on Growing" like trying to nail all the R&B double stops
I have messed around with that although never rehearsed or gigged it. One day I'll play the whole album ...... well, some of the guitar parts anyway.:crazy

Trending Topics