• Patti Smith

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Patty Smythe (Scandal)

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 107 21.0%

• Total voters

Balls

I'm shocked Pat Benatar is not more highly-regarded here. She's my obvious choice. I like PJ Harvey a lot, but Benatar stands head and shoulders above.

Not sure how Tori Amos is suggested here, and especially not with an "/thread" doohickey. You cannot possibly mention Tori Amos without talking about Kate Bush, and the only reason i don't have Bush at #1 is the matter of classifying her as "rock."
Tori Amos > Kate Bush

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
I wonder how Patty Smyth’s career would have gone if she had accepted the invitation to replace DLR in VH.

Eddie’s wife Valerie Bertinelli was a huge Scandal fan, and I think Eddie may have had a crush on Patty as a lot of us did!

But I remember hearing this on”King Biscuit Flower Hour”?...

Eddie plays lead almost thru the entire song!

GenoVox

Silver Supporting Member
In the Rock realm... Ann Wilson for sure, followed by Benatar... both are still incredible vocalists

Janis was more of a Blues singer (and a great one) in a Rock band, IMHO

Now, if we’re talking greatest female singers, regardless of genre... the whole conversation changes. For one, the list would go on for a while before any “rock” artists even appear on it (Aretha, Ella, Etta, Billie Holiday, Judy Garland, Streisand, Gladys, Whitney, Celine... the list goes on & on, honestly)

The likes of Stevie Nicks, Gwen Stefani, Chrissie Hynde and some others mentioned here - while all great artists in their own rights - don’t even belong in the same category as all of the above, FAIC

Last edited:

Trending Topics