• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Greco RR65 les paul custom

butrus

Anyone familiar with Greco RR65 les paul custom
Have one avalible localy from 83.Its supposed to be Randy Rhoads les paul custom...
Any more details on that one?
How much would it be worth?

chucke99

Dry Z pups go for $500+ a pair and a basic Greco LP (set neck) without those pups will go for $600 - $800, so I'd put the value of the one you're looking at between $1,100 and $1,300. But I'd want to see the pup bottoms myself.

chucke99

Why is there so little info about RR65 or the mint collection on the net?
One of the best-kept secrets of rock and roll guitar collecting. Most people stop paying attention if it's not about Fender, Gibson and maybe PRS.

whitehall

Because Japanese guitars have very little resale value in the USA. Because no one famous hardly ever plays them. Because they are not on many famous recordings. Because they are after all copies of guitars made in America. Because 2 factories in Japan turned out like 50 different names. Because the Japanese themselves could care less about their being a published history. Because before the Internet there was little interest. Then in the mid 90's when these guitars were stacked up like cord-wood all over the Ochanimzu for 100-200 dollars, one very enterprising guy (guitargai) opened a website and sold them for 5 times that. Soon many others followed, and took many liberties with the "history" they deemed appropriate. Most of which is now quoted as gospel. After awhile the idea that these guitars were rare became somewhat suspect. All you had to do was look at the feedback of the big sellers to see they had shipped 1000's of them. Now having said that, I LIKE them. They are fun guitars to own and buy/sell. When the yen is right-- which it isn't right now-- you can go on Rinkya and buy them from Japan yourself. And when you tire of them you can often make a buck or two selling them on ebay. I also think that Edwards pretty much put an end to most of it. After all you can go on Ishibashi's site, get a brand new Edwards with a lacquer top and good electronics shipped to you for under a grand. Your best bet for info on MIJ guitars is the Japanaxe forum. I'm a member there and it's a very nice group of people.

butrus

Dry Z pups go for $500+ a pair and a basic Greco LP (set neck) without those pups will go for $600 - $800, so I'd put the value of the one you're looking at between $1,100 and $1,300. But I'd want to see the pup bottoms myself.

Dry Z are different than Dry 1982

Anyone played or owned one?

butrus

Im starting to sound as a broken record.
This guitar we are talking about does NOT have Dry Z pickups.
It has Dry 1982 pickups which are DIFFERENT from Dry Z

HRydarcik

The Greco LP Customs tend to go for less than the bursts...Ebay is a good indicator...they usually run from $300 to $600...there's a black Custom on there now going for less than $300...here's a nice black Standard with Dry 1982 pups going for $400.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Japan-Vintage-Greco-Mint-Collection-EG-450-1984_W0QQitemZ320346034565QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a 1990 Mint Collection that I paid a little over $500 for, it's a lefty so it was a bit more expensive.

Trending Topics