Green Back Clone (Warehouse speakers) 4x12 clip (clean and dirt)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by thefyn, Jan 8, 2008.

1. thefyn

thefyn Member

2. thefyn

thefyn Member

No one interested. sob....

3. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

I listened! I was interested in these speakers to see how they compared to my reissue greenbacks. Hard to tell in the mix but that is where they are most important and I dig the sound you've got going there. Is that two tracks panned left and right? What is the amp? Sound organic and nice, not scooped.

4. thefyn

thefyn Member

The amp is a Mesa DC 5. It has a Rocktron Xpression in the loop for the cleans and it was bypassed for the dirt. In fact after the recording I found out the EQ was switched off too so I had everything on 5 on the mesa :)

I was tweaking the eq thinking it was making a difference :eek:

5. jcs

jcs Member

i listened, i liked it a lot,interesting vocalist too!

now keep in mind i listen to a lot of late 60s-70s rock on a great system almost all recordings are on vinyl,so you sound more modern but way better than most of the overcompressed-too overdriven stuff i hear today.

6. thefyn

thefyn Member

Thanks man! The end is a lot louder than the beginning. When I master it I will avoid the mellow part being equal to the heavy part vol wise :)