Green Berets in my SF Fender Pro, 4 or 8 ohm load?

revgsmall

I am going to try the economical and highly regarded, Green Berets in my SF Pro Reverb. I have the option of ordering 16 ohm or 8 ohm speakers, giving me an 8 ohm or 4 ohm load with the two 12's.

I don't want alot of volume, the Pro's are too loud for me as is, and I would prefer an early breakup. Is there an advantage to the 8 ohm vs. the 4 ohm load?

monstermike

The Pro Reverb wants to see 4. Fenders are supposed to be tolerant of mismatches, but I wouldn't want to chance it as the main speaker load in the amp, so I'd go with 4.

revgsmall

The Pro Reverb wants to see 4. Fenders are supposed to be tolerant of mismatches, but I wouldn't want to chance it as the main speaker load in the amp, so I'd go with 4.
thanks for the quick reply, my Pro went I don't know how long with one blown speaker and it never let on. It wasn't until one day I was trying some new amp/speaker combinations that I discovered that the speaker was not working. Of course me being a non-amp tech, I couldn't tell you what the amp was seeing with one working and one blown speaker.

AL30

Monstermike is correct. Your Pro wants to see 4 ohm. So two 8 ohm speakers wired in parallel will fit the bill. And yes, Fenders are usually tolerant of mismatches (I run my bassman into an 8 ohm cab) but since you've got the option - use the correct 4 ohm load.

If one of your speakers wasn't working your amp was probably seeing an 8 ohm load.

AL

Trending Topics