• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Green Grass and Hughie Thomasson Live. Epic Intro-Timeless Classic

cottonmike

Yeah, that's right, I'm old. Sorry, couldn't help but sharing this amazing performance from way back to a time that was once, and will never again be. Not a good, bad, or indifferent thing.

It's good to pay homage to history. Interesting to me is the fact that many of the front spectators are rabid women fans of this guitar-driven Southern Rock.

ellsworthman

The Geezer of Gear
Gold Supporting Member
I used to get myself out of bed to GG&HT every day...must have done it for about two years straight, seriously. God, I miss Hughie and Billy.

gmann

Guya that like The Outlaws really like The Outlaws and I'm one of them. I find it sad that they are not held in higher regard but there was a time! I saw them 1st in SDiego in '75 and Henry Paul was still in the band. Now that was a show. I saw them several times in later years with different members but they still delivered. Got to meet Hughie once and hang out a bit, a nice and humble guy who seemed genuinely concerned that we were having a good time and were being taken care of. I found it sad later on that he ended up with Skynyrd. This is no knock on Skynyrd at all I just wish The Outlaws had continued. Anyway, thanks for postin' the video, great stuff!

Frank Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Can't listen right now, but I would imagine that performance is really close to what's on their live album from the '70s. Loved that album! Very great underrated band!

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
I'm a huge fan of that band and I'm not even old! Hughie is one of my absolute favorite guitar players and one of the most overlooked "Strat Players", in my opinion.

RupertB

Silver Supporting Member
Absolutely love it. Agreed that these guys never really got the accolades that they deserved.

I believe the bass player in this clip is Harvey Dalton Arnold, a NC native who I met years ago in Wilmington & who still plays regularly in this area.

cottonmike

Absolutely love it. Agreed that these guys never really got the accolades that they deserved.

I believe the bass player in this clip is Harvey Dalton Arnold, a NC native who I met years ago in Wilmington & who still plays regularly in this area.
Yes, you are correct, that is Harvey Dalton Arnold. He had a few nice tunes he sang lead on from both Hurry Sundown and Playing To Win.

Trending Topics