Green Manalishi Pickups.

gillman royce

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone playing Larry Corsi's Green Manalishi pickups or one of his guitars ? What's your impression? THX!

Hrdrocker39

I have a set in one of Larry's Fury guitars. To my ears they sound vintage and low output. Like regular pickups lowered away from the strings. Not bright but more midrange and honk. They sound good with slight breakup. Look on Larry's website under the Manalishi gallery. He does videos of him playing each guitar that he builds and posts it with the pics of each guitar. THe pickups sound almost exactly like they do in the videos.

sedawkgrep

Gold Supporting Member
I have two LCPGs each with a set of Manalishis. Vintage PAF tones and very clear and articulate. They hold their own against any others out there really, and they work superbly for what Larry intends.

gillman royce

Silver Supporting Member
I have two LCPGs each with a set of Manalishis. Vintage PAF tones and very clear and articulate. They hold their own against any others out there really, and they work superbly for what Larry intends.
Would you say that they're the best out there for the Peter Green thing, regardless of LP make ?

sedawkgrep

Gold Supporting Member
Would you say that they're the best out there for the Peter Green thing, regardless of LP make ?
I hate to sound like this, but I don't know that either A) I'm qualified to say that, or B) there is a "best".

I will say, that Zach at ZR Pickups (check Reverb) has a Peter Green set that I also own, and they are my favorite of the two.

Zach's PG set is unpotted I believe, and his neck pickup is simply marvelous. Like seriously - both sets are great. But Zach's is my favorite.

https://reverb.com/item/14225282-peter-green-reverse-polarity-humbucker-set-nickel-gold-chrome-raw

Zach is kind of an unknown but superb winder. I have three sets of his which are all unpotted PAF types and all excellent. His '57 set is really special.

Trending Topics