Greenback 1x12 Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by philcoleman4, Dec 19, 2009.

1. philcoleman4

philcoleman4 Member

Looking for a cabinet with a 1x12 Greenback in it....any suggestions where I can get one at a decent price?

I know Avatar is great, But I would prefer it to be ported if possible.

AAAANNNNDDDD GO!

2. Dave

Dave Member

I have a CAA 1x12 (same as Bogner cube) loaded with a Greenback reissue and it's great. Not sure if you can order it from Suhr loaded with a G12M, but buying used would save you a lot anyhow.

3. philcoleman4

philcoleman4 Member

Oh yeah I plan on buying used. I have a Suhr Badger 18, and I know for a fact it will sound good with a Greenback. I need to pay off some debt, so I need to keep SOME cash if possible.

4. melven62

melven62 Member

I think the Night Train cab comes with a greenback and I don't think there that expensive.

5. philcoleman4

philcoleman4 Member

Hmm...I'll have to bring it to the store and try that. I don't know if there is any difference in there greenback or the G12M. Thanks for the tip.

6. philcoleman4

philcoleman4 Member

Is the Night Train cab a true greenback or something else?

7. dughaze

dughaze Member

Where is that cab made? What is it made out of? Where is the speaker made?

If you live in the US getting a US built Lopoline cab and Green Beret speaker is one option for the same price. I put a Green Beret in my Classic 30 amp and it was a huge improvement over the original speaker. But I did learn from this experience that a Greenback (or its clone) sounds best in a closed back cab so I'd get a closed back cab of some type for it next time.

This would not only get you a better quality cab and speaker but it might also help your neighbor to keep his job.