Greetings from Electro-Harmonix

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by EHX, Oct 10, 2008.

1. EHX

EHX Member

Hi all, I recently posted an all-new Web site for Electro-Harmonix (http://www.ehx.com) -- part of my goal was to better integrate EHX with the wider community, and so I thought I'd swing by here and introduce myself.

For example, rather than only post "rock celebs" I'm integrating user-generated videos right alongside them -- perhaps folks here might even have some suggestions.

I've also added a blog, and I'm trying to include a variety of fun & interesting EHX stuff -- one of the recent posts (about Adrian Belew) was actually already submitted via another forum.

Lastly, I'm working on creating an "official" EHX forum, and I've been trying to find a few folks who might be interested in helping me to maintain contact with different communities, and who might likewise have an interest in possibly helping to mod the forum. So, if you're an active contributor here, and are reasonably knowledgeable about EHX, and would like to help us maintain contact with the GP forums, please chime in!

Best from NYC! -Scott

2. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

welcome. . . now let me be the first to ask when we can get our DMM XO in the states:rotflmao

3. TerrorTwilight

TerrorTwilight Member

+1!

Good to see you here! I'm a big fan of EH stuff :bow

4. EHX

EHX Member

Thanks!

fwiw, here are the forum sections I'm likely to add:

* Ideas/Suggestions/Feedback
    * Vintage EHX: chat about Vintage, discontinued EHX pedals and EHX history
    * Share your EHX: pics, videos, tips, etc
    * Help/Technical Questions: EHX & users answer other users questions
    * General Discussion: for talking about the latest news, favorite pedals, etc.

Is that about right? Anything missing?

5. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

reviews

6. Glide

Glide Member

Wow Scott - that's cool - That work could probably be done from a home computer. You're obviously in it for revenue and profits - What's the pay to be your interactive PR Manager?

Surely you don't mean free - I believe that would be illegal in most states.

7. EHX

EHX Member

That reminds me -- I'm also looking for folks to help contribute snarky comments, couldn't be a forum without 'em! Any interest?

Don't be like that!
    :BEER

8. EHX

EHX Member

Thanks for the suggestion -- do you see that as a standalone section, or should we just expand this one:

* Share your EHX: pics, videos, reviews, tips, etc

9. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Scott:
    How 'bout this lineup?

* EHX News: all things new at EHX (or how ‘bout something like “Mike’s Place” where Mike can roll-out news and his comments?)
    * Artist Showcase: Favorite EHX artists share their thoughts on EHX gear.
    * Reviews: How do EHX pedals work for you?
    * Share your EHX: settings, audio/video clips, etc.
    * Vintage EHX: Chat about vintage/discontinued EHX pedals and EHX history
    * Help/Technical Questions: EHX & users answer other users technical questions.
    * Ideas/Suggestions: cool ideas for improvements and new products.

10. EHX

EHX Member

Thanks, and I do think dedicated News and User Reviews sections make sense.

That said, I'm also trying to chip away at the traditional barrier: well-known players vs. the all the rest of us. Meaning, if we can get contributions from folks like that, I might prefer to put them on par with similar contributions from 'regular' players (who often are every bit just as good).

11. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Shouldnt this be in the Manufacturers section ?

12. socal63

socal63 Member

When you guys bringing back the mummy face? :jo

[​IMG]

13. EHX

EHX Member

Man, that was one bloody ugly pedal -- boy wish I had one! :cool:

fwiw, I just found a '95 Guitar Player article by Art Thompson in which he says "The Bad Stone's silkscreened mummy face wins the 'Cheesiest Artwork' award. It looks like it was lifted from a stall door in a grade-school bathroom."

It almost calls for a PhotoShop contest -- "fugly pedals" -- well, it must at least be fun to step on that face! :)

14. richey88

richey88 Member

Hi Scott! Big fan of your stuff......(except the fuzz and OD on the Holy Stain, could'nt bond with it, no offense) I don't leave the house without my LPB-1 Nano, and regularly use a a Metal Muff nano also, love the mid switch! When can I get a die-cast Worm? MSRP?

15. EHX

EHX Member

I can't quite be of as much help with that sort of question -- where I can help is with features of our Web site, with getting your user-generated videos into it, and with ways we might keep tighter contact with communities such as the GP forums.

Essentially, I'm thinking we'll create an 'official' EHX forum, and get a few folks from here to also help over there -- and that way we should (I hope) be able to get more information back and forth, and do so more quickly.

16. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W.

So is there a DMM XO or not. I think it is sort of silly and not very kind to customers to be aware of rumors, demand and flat out hope for such a product and for some reason avoid the question entirely.

17. EHX

EHX Member

Yes, sorry, this is a bit confusing (for me too) -- as best as I understand it, the XO DMM is only available in some non-US markets -- and that's because it was tweaked for European Union RoHS-compliance -- so there isn't an XO DMM in production for the US market. I have no information regarding when/whether a US XO DMM will become available. I totally wish I could be more specific, but that's really the best I can do!

18. MetalGuitard

MetalGuitard Member

Yo EHX, I love your pedals! Welcome to TGP. I will be on your forums the day they launch!

19. EHX

EHX Member

Thanks! fwiw, I'm hoping to launch the EHX forums within 2-3 weeks...