1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Greetings from Gator Country

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mrz80, Feb 1, 2008.

1. mrz80

mrz80 Member

Ok, the introduction thing...

I'm one of those Bible thumping born agains, been playing badly to mediocrely (that ain't a word is it?) for just shy 30 years now (has it *really* been that long? Sheesh). I play every Sunday at church, and every other chance I get.

My current babies:
    [​IMG]

L-to-R:
    Martin Shennandoah D-2832 bought used in 1984 - original owner bought it, turned right around and sold it - warranty card was still in the case when I bought it!
    Koontz & Thurston custom Telecaster copy bought in 1984 - DiMarzio SuperII and Duncan JB pickups, uberflexible wiring setup. That's the second neck it's had; the first (a lovely flame maple number) developed a hideous, uncorrectable S-bend. I've been through several other electrics; I keep coming back to that Tele.
    Jay Turser JT-134 semi-hollow bought in 2007 - It was just time to buy something jazzier-blusier than the Telecaster. Must have something with hitting the mid40s - midlife crisis and all that. Took one look at it in the shop and went OOOOO SHINYTHING! Pretty darned good fit and finish for a cheap Chinese CNC factory job. I'm contemplating new pickups for it one of these days, just 'cause I can't NOT mess with a guitar. :AOK

I joined the forum primarily to aid in my Quixotic quest to find a guitar that I let slip away many years ago and want desperately to find again. IF anyone in the Phoenix area comes across a white Hondo II LP copy with DiMarzio pickups and 4 mini toggle switches in a line between the volume and tone controls, please email me! I kid you not, I really MISS that guitar! Everyone has to have one obsession, one forlorn hope that maybe God will reach down and satisfy outta the blue someday; this is mine. Odd, no? :eek:

2. hamstrat

hamstrat Member

Welcome to TGP! I think many of us would like to track down that favorite piece from our past. Mine is a 1966 Ampeg Reverberocket 2 (amp) that I bought new with money from my paper route. It went through my brother then a band mate of his to a yard sale. Washington suburbs. Hopefully someone is taking care of it and it didn't end up in the trash.

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to The Gear Page!

4. Dickie Fredericks

Dickie Fredericks Member

Welcome to TGP from a former Floridian.

5. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Welcome to the Forum !

6. guitarstan

guitarstan Member

Welcome to TGP from a former south Floridian. I'm afraid I could never afford to buy the guitars or amps back I once sold 30+ years ago. But I'm havin fun in spite of it.

7. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Hi Mrz80,

Welcome to The Gear Page!

8. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

9. HipKitty

HipKitty Silver Supporting Member

Greetings from Nashville!

10. mrz80

mrz80 Member

Had to update this with a newer family portrait:

[​IMG]

Server I volunteer admin for lost its disk farm, and ate about a year's worth of my website, so I decided to update everything. Got out all the guitars and took some new pictures. Just got the Ibanez a few weeks ago, and the little classical's been hiding in the closet for years.

11. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Welcome to the Gear Page!

12. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

13. Rattles

Rattles Member

14. blood5150

blood5150 Member

15. bbarnard

bbarnard Member

Welcome to the Gear Page from one Gainesvillean to another.

16. mrz80

mrz80 Member

Blood5150: All I can say to that is

GO GATORS!

:)