Greetings from Greenville, SC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JBrasca, Feb 12, 2015.

1. JBrasca

JBrasca Member

:wave

Hello everyone, my name's Jeremy, and I have been a frequent reader and advice grabber from the forum. Ever since I started looking at everyone's thoughts on this or that pedal, amp, or modification and reading so many informative and helpful posts, I felt as though I wanted/needed to respond to some of the threads with some of my own experiences and recommendations.

I am younger than probably most here, being 27. However, I grew up listening to my parent's record collection of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, the Who, Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, etc. I still collect and have a large record collection and keep a record player in my house. Anyway, now my music collection on my iTunes consists of everything from Hendrix to Mayer to Bonamassa to BB King and John Coltrane to Clapton to Chet Atkins and Stevie Ray Vaughan. I taught myself guitar and piano in high school and played at bars, restaurants, fraternity parties and such all throughout college. Like most, I love playing live and performing but it wasn't going to pay the bills and support a future family. I got my degree in Psychology and Business Administration and currently do Analysis on the Effects of different Advertising/Marketing Strategies on the Consumers and Target Market of businesses/companies such as AT&T, DirecTV, Apple, and Amazon.

Anyway, thanks for all the great advice and info from a number of you over the years, and I look forward to interacting and taking part in some of the great discussions on all the different types of gear, us musicians spend wayyy too much of our money on HAHA! Cheers everybody!

MY GEAR

Guitars: Taylor 914ce, Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Fender American Standard Stratocaster, PRS Custom 24, Guild F-150R, Epiphone Sheraton II, Ovation CC-245

Amps: Two Rock Studio Pro, Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, VOX AC15, Fender Super Champ X2

Pedalboard: TC Polytuner > Crybaby WAH > MXR DynaCOMP > Keeley Katana BOOST > Chicago Iron Octavian Plus > Earthquaker Hoof Fuzz > FullDrive 3 > TS808 RI > PlimSoul > Ernie Ball Volume > BOSS Harmonist > BOSS Super Chorus >> LOOP SEND >> Eventide TimeFactor > BOSS DD-7 >> LOOP RETURN > TC Spark > Amp
    **ORDER CHANGES/PEDALS CHANGE** Try to Keep this Up to Date

2. mj07

mj07 Supporting Member

Welcome from a fellow Greenville resident!

3. HammyD

HammyD Supporting Member

Welcome! I'm just up the interstate in Spartanburg.

4. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

Greetings /|\

5. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard Jeremy!

6. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

7. scmavl

scmavl Enjoyer Silver Supporting Member

I'm up the road in Asheville. Just did a local deal with a Greenvillian this morning. Glad you joined up.

8. JBrasca

JBrasca Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and glad to hear from fellow South Carolinians and Greenville natives! I'm actually down 85 a bit off exit 40 in the Powdersville, Easley area, but since most people don't know the tiny town I live in, I compromise and say Greenville ha. I take the short drive to the Woodruff Rd area or to Downtown Greenville quite often. It's incredible how the city has grown over the last 10-15 years. I left for college in 2006, and lived in Columbia through last year. When I came back, it was like a whole new place. I've probably run into some of you at Deluxe Guitar Exchange or GC at some point maybe..

Jeremy

MY GEAR

Guitars: Taylor 914ce, Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Fender American Standard Stratocaster, PRS Custom 24, Guild F-150R, Epiphone Sheraton II, Ovation CC-245

Amps: Two Rock Studio Pro, Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue, VOX AC15, Fender Super Champ X2

Pedalboard: TC Polytuner > Crybaby WAH > MXR DynaCOMP > Keeley Katana BOOST > Chicago Iron Octavian Plus > Earthquaker Hoof Fuzz > FullDrive 3 > TS808 RI > PlimSoul > Ernie Ball Volume > BOSS Harmonist > BOSS Super Chorus >> LOOP SEND >> Eventide TimeFactor > BOSS DD-7 >> LOOP RETURN > TC Spark > Amp
    **ORDER CHANGES/PEDALS CHANGE** Try to Keep this Up to Date

9. HammyD

HammyD Supporting Member

We do have the Guitar Show in Spartanburg on the 28th!

10. Phil M

Phil M Member

Welcome!

I'm actually considering moving to a new town and Greenville keeps coming up as a place to consider.

11. Jamar

Jamar Supporting Member

SC represent.

12. Baker18

Baker18 Gold Supporting Member

Welcome from just down the road in Anderson.

13. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Member

Welcome from another new member.

14. JBrasca

JBrasca Member

Greenville has made a lot of Top 25 lists as far as new city models and places to live and visit. It was on the Top 25 hot tourist locations with places like Venice, Rome, and Paris. It was also the Number 1 on the "How to Build a New City/Model City" list. I love that my hometown is growing so much and in such a positive way. If you're looking for a place to live Phil M, Greenville is a fantastic city, not too big not too small, plenty to do, a beautiful downtown area, as well as plenty of suburbs right outside of Greenville with nice neighborhoods and relaxing environments to build or buy a home. I live in a small town right outside of Greenville that is great for being able to go to the city when I want to and come home to a relaxing, safe environment in a great neighborhood, next to one of the best school systems in the state. Plus you can't beat being between the Mountains and the Beach, all within a 4-5 hour drive.

15. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member