Greetings from Kentucky

RedsFan75

After hanging out at Harmony Central for a while, I saw several mentions of "The Gear Page" thought I'd check it out.

I started playing when I was in my teens. Got a guitar for Christmas when I was maybe 5 or 6, (a Roy Rogers western special) but never really did anything with it. :) In my teens, about 14 I got a Hondo II acoustic. Started learning bluegrass and country. Playing at my church not long after. Then the church needed a bass player and I made the switch. A nice Fender P bass was my main weapon of mass thump-a-tude. Bass has been my main instrument since then... But I play lots of other stuff. Main music styles... Bluegrass, Blues, Country Modern Praise and worship, Rock... I play and sing at my church regularly, I also play bass for a cover band playing Stone Temple, Rush... etc...

Instrument wise...
Guitars
Squier Standard Stratocaster
Partscaster custom build
Jay Turser JT200 LP in Cherry Sunburst
Walden D550 Acoustic

Mandolin
Johnson F-Style
Rogue A style.

Bass
Ibanez GSR200 4-string (meh!)
Greg Bennett Samick Fairlane FN5 (my baby)

Oh I also fight physical issues with degenerative arthritis in my spine and other limitations, so I have been selling off my heavier gear and trying to reduce the heft of things hanging from my neck and shoulders...

Funny how a bassist has more guitars than thumpers! But I really only play the Samick! But oh how many bass's I went through until I found this one!

59burstbucker

I like your name. I grew up around Cincinnati, and am still a Reds/Bengals fan. '75 and '76 were some great times to be a Reds fan.

RedsFan75

I like your name. I grew up around Cincinnati, and am still a Reds/Bengals fan. '75 and '76 were some great times to be a Reds fan.

I started watching the Reds in '68, and 1975 was the best season of baseball ever.... And thanks everyone for the welcome.

Trending Topics