Greetings From Spudland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WW Audio, Jun 2, 2015.

1. WW Audio

WW Audio Member

Howdy from Boise - pronounced with an 'S' at the end, not a 'Z'. ;)

Known about TGP for some time, but haven't gotten around to signing up til now. Poking around a bit I recognize a few names from various forums I've haunted over the hears - shout out to the fellow AxeFX folks! I know, another one of them damn Fractal Heads. Let's see, got my first guitar at age 10 and have been at it for 43 years. Been an avid home and professional recording engineer for over 20 years and owned/ran a recording studio for several years. Been round the GAS block several times and still find things to GAS about on occasion - though I've finally arrived at both guitar and recording rigs I actually don't have to fight with any more. Haven't gigged live for some time but thinking of getting back into it now that the youngin's are nearing nest-leaving age.

Aside from guitar and pro audio gear, I have a penchant (aka, weakness, obsession, addiction) for fine wines and good Scotch.

TGP looks to be an interesting place full of interesting and colorful folks. Think I'll pull up a chair and have a drink. :)

2. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

3. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

Greetings and welcome to TGP!

4. bender

bender Member

I am thinking of getting back into drinking wine at my weekly jam. Prefer reds myself. Beer is just . . . too many calories.

Do you have any wine preferences?

Living in Australia now (Canadian originally), I am spoiled for choice. Closest winery is 4km from my home, and from our jam space we have the whole of the Yarra Valley within a few minutes drive.

5. WW Audio

WW Audio Member

Love a good IPA or Ale but, yeah, the calories do add up. Reds are my preferred vino's as well - blends are always nice but I try to drink estate grown Cabs whenever possible and affordable - Silver Oak, Cade, Chateau Montalena to name a few. Tend to favor California, Washington and Oregon vineyards but also really like French Bordeaux's and I'm really trying to like Burgundy's as well but haven't found one yet that I really like. And, oddly enough, Idaho is now producing some amazing wines that are starting to garner some serious awards and notice from the industry. We're finally becoming known for something other than spuds.

6. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

7. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

8. samdjr74

samdjr74 Supporting Member

9. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member