Greetings, new member here.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Axl H, May 18, 2008.

1. Axl H

Axl H Member

Hello good folks,

Some of you may know me from Seymour Duncans Forum, but for the rest of you, here is a introduction.

My name is Alex, I am 18years old and come from Denmark.

I started playing in 2005, right after my 16th birthday.

Got my first guitar, a Epiphone SG in December 2005. Not very good guitar, but fun stuff to play. Then in early 2006, I got a Epiphone Les Paul, and changed the pickups in that. However, I needed to change the pickups again, and since my soldering skills are less then fantastic, I got offered help by a guy called "Rid" on these forums. Ever since then, I have been exposed to the wonders of Kramer guitars, Fusion-jazz and what not. Great friendship we got, and he pretty much taught me all I know about guitars, and taught me a helluva alot of playing stuff.

So these days, I am on the tryout for a 70s inspired rock band. I dont play indie, death metal or stuff like that, so finding a good band with sensible people, was very hard in Denmark. I listen to stuff like Accept, Judas Priest, Pretty Maids, Michael Bolton, Gary Moore, John Sykes etc. Old style rock/metal, with melody and all that good stuff.

Hence, my guitar choice is also very 80s inspired. I have a Heartfield Talon II superstrat in white, a Charvel 375 Deluxe, Rids old Peavey Wolfgang, a Charvel Model 3 project that is not finished and my two favorites.. My Kramer Nightswan from 1988 and my black Gibson Les Paul. The Les Paul has been tricked out with different pickups (Duncan Custom in bridge, Duncan Jazz in neck) and a brass nut, to give a very Vivian Campbell/John Sykes esque tone.

Effects I use alot. My pedalboard consists of a Carl Martin Plexitone, Carl Martin Comp/Limiter, Arion Stereo Delay, Carl Martin Red Repeat, Carl Martin Hydra Boost, Korg DT-10, Dunlop JH-1B Hendrix wah and a Morley Pro Volume pedal. Pretty simple rig, but sounds great for my use. I also have alot of other fun stuff laying around.

Amps, I am currently without one, unfortunately. Moving to a appartment, so sound levels have to be low, so a Pocket POD and PC speakers were the optimal solution for me.

Anyways, thanks for reading my introduction. I hope to spend many good hours here.

All the best,

Alex :)

2. B Bent

B Bent Supporting Member

Alex is cool guys! Welcome aboard buddy.

Now tell everyone about your adventures on your motorcycle!

LOL!!!

3. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

Welcome to TGP.

Jim

4. Axl H

Axl H Member

5. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Greetings Alex,

Welcome to The Gear Page!