• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Greg Allman Tour Album w/ Cowboy 1974

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
My mother bought me the Gregg Allman tour album when I was 16 in 1975, along with Traffic's on the Road and Trower's Bridge of Sighs (yeah I'm old). The good old days of albums, boy I miss them.

I played the **** out of those 3 albums -btw

Anyway, I listened to it today and it still stands up. What a great recording, the band is top shelf and GA is at his prime. But what has always risen to the top for me is the tune "Time Will Take Us" by Cowboy. That's such a killing tune, I love the arrangement the lyrics and the playing.

I'ts really nice to go back and listen to great music post the digital age. I'm so glad I grew up in the 70's.

Any love for this?

Kevbo599

Gold Supporting Member
I still enjoy that album, I saw that tour at the Capitol Theater in NJ and it was a great show. I also like the Cowboy albums, they wrote some great songs including "Please Be With Me", "All My Friends", etc.

John H

Gold Supporting Member
Caught the Shrine Auditorium show of that tour. They were LOUD!!!!! Great show. Cowboy was amazing.

MarcJ

I saw that show in Charlotte, which was the second show of the tour I believe. We had great seats in front of Greg. The guy was very high, his face was red and his eyes very stoned. He spilled a drink all over himself and the organ, he changed clothes during intermission. This was at the time he had Scooter Herring and an Macon Pharmacist scoring him the best drugs on the planet. I'm glad the guy survived it. Anyway, the music was great. I've got it on cd and pull it out once in awhile. Queen of Hearts is a great song and that version of Midnight Rider was cool. Got lots of radio play here in NC.

Cumberland

I saw that show in Charlotte, which was the second show of the tour I believe. We had great seats in front of Greg. The guy was very high, his face was red and his eyes very stoned. He spilled a drink all over himself and the organ, he changed clothes during intermission. This was at the time he had Scooter Herring and an Macon Pharmacist scoring him the best drugs on the planet. I'm glad the guy survived it.
During that court case, the judge asked whether Allman actually remembered much of this tour ... the answer was "no"

I dig it , along with laid back

Rick N Boogie

Not a big GA fan, but I am the same age as the op, and glad to have lived through the 70's. Such a vast array of great music back then. I recently re-installed my phonograph to my stereo system, and have been listening to vinyl alot lately. It's so much more "real" sounding than a CD or MP3 file, even with the occasional pop or crackle.

DV52

I was at the show in Boone at App. state.great show.Also wore out the record.I think I have it on cd,must find it and give it some playing time,thanks for reminding me about it......

fusion58

During that court case, the judge asked whether Allman actually remembered much of this tour ... the answer was "no"

I dig it , along with laid back
+1.

"Laid Back" was always in continuous rotation at all my buds' houses when I was a teen. Iconic record!

beanbass

I loved that album and Laid Back. "Queen Of Hearts" was great. The moody remake of "Midnight Rider" was great. I have to get those again.

KazJY

I like this album, and yes, Laid Back like beanbass. I like Laid Back much more, but it's all good. I have them on vinyl, and only play em that way. it's just how I remember them from when I got them. good vibes!

Trending Topics