Greg Germino is # 1

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ricoh, Feb 23, 2006.

1. ricoh

ricoh Member

I know that it has been said gefore but Greg is absolutely one of the best in the business. A true gentleman who cares about his customers........................................ thanks Greg.
    And if you are in the market for a great amp check out
    www.germinoamps.com ........................you will be glad you did!!!!!!!!!

Rico

2. slotools

slotools Supporting Member

ABSOLUTELY!!! he is so free with his knowlege and caring -and my classic 45 just oozing with smiley face goodness . Yes- I want another Germino!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

I haven't dealt with Greg, but I sure as heck dig his amps!!!! (C45 & C40)

4. stratofied

stratofied Member

Great guy, Great amps! Love my Club 40.

5. Smokehouse

Smokehouse Member

Greg is an awesome guy, always quick to answer any question I have asked him. I will buy another Germino....hmmmm a Montery Classic maybe:rolleyes:

Proud Classic 45 owner !

Smoke

6. jkr

jkr Supporting Member

Greg's customer service is beyond reproach. He and his amps really set a high bar.

7. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Let the lovefest continue. Greg is indeed a gentleman and a scholar in the field of guitar amps. My Classic 45 (review still pending) is a work of musical art (unlike my playing).

8. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

I was listening to a interview last night and heard him say he has a SLO. I wish he would make at least one master V amp.

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Greg deserves all the kudos he gets.

10. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Member

Talked to him earlier this week, he called me to let me know my C-40 was done. It's white, pics will come soon!!

Scott nailed it, all his kudos are well earned!
    One of the best in the business.

11. bjm007

bjm007 Member

I agree 100%..........

I go through a lot of amps, but I always seem to keep the Germino's. Greg is by far one of the best builders I've ever bought an amp from. A real gentleman. Always willing to answer questions with a thoughtful answer. Always willing to spend time on the phone. Builds the best Plexi amps on the planet IMO.

12. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

+100 on all of the above. Greg's the best and my Lead 55 rocks!

13. nolenuttt

nolenuttt Gold Supporting Member

I own a Lead 55, and have had a Club 40, and Classic 45-All of them are amazing amps, and if Greg isn't the nicest guy out there building amps....really raises the bar!! Udamann!!:rolleyes:

14. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

+ 1 !!
    I love my C45.

15. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

+1 on all the positive comments...a true Southern gentleman...

16. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Member

All above is true, but also he's a killer slide player! Sat in with his band Mr. Freeze including he and Jason Barker a couple of weeks ago and had a blast!
    :D

17. GrisGrisFunk

GrisGrisFunk Member

Greg is THE man. I used to own a Classic 45, but I will own another Germino amp as soon as my bank account allows me to. I'm going to go with a Club 40 this time.

He went out of his way to build my Classic 45 awhile back when there was a minor screw up from where I bought it from. He didn't even have to do it, but he did. Truly a class act that cares about his customers.

Mike

18. Berre

Berre Member

well I just got the news from Stu at Fat Sound that my ordered Club 40 head will arrive in 2 weeks time !!! :)

Oh man I can't wait....... :dude

Bert

19. keith_t4e

keith_t4e Member

Hey Jack B. This is Keith whom you met at Indoor Storm a couple Saterdays ago. It was a pleasure meeting you. I saw a photo of the pedal board work you did for Brad Whitford on Steelbender.com. Pretty cool stuf. Brad must really be into hot rods and racing. I thought I noticed an insignia about racing on the board. I can't wait to try out a Briggs guitar. Everybody who has one can't put em down to play anything else. I would love to own a Germino; however, I like getting my gain from preamp overdrive. I'm never in a situation where I can cut an amp up loud enough to clip power tubes. I will tell you that I never thought I would like having to use pedals for gain until I got an OCD pedal. I've noticed a bunch of players using both the AC and RC boosters together. That will make a clean amp shine for sure. I've heard tone of folks state that Germinos actually sound beter than the old Marshalls they are modled after.

20. pirateflynn

pirateflynn Supporting Member

I've been fortunate enough to have a few phone conversations with Greg, a very cool guy.