Greg Koch Amplitube Fender 2

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
It's been apparent for a few years now that if you are a competent guitar player, you should be able to get convincing sounds from quite a few amp simulation products,
whether hardware or software based.
Greg still uses a tube amp for live gigs...so there's that.

bugzapper

Indeed, it sounds great -- due both to Amplitube Fender 2 and to Greg himself.

Greg always sounds super, no matter what he's playing through. Messing around with the Fender 2 collection, I find many, many nice sounds. The Custom Deluxe worked well for me on a punky rhythm track.

Some things I'm always interested in when I see demos like this:

-- How are levels set going into the audio interface?
-- How are levels set in Amplitube itself? (The screenshots don't show active input and output meters.)
-- Any pedals or rack stuff used within Amplitube? (Many of the included presets have lots of compression, delay, and rack EQ. Pretty often, I like the amp sim better when I deactivate that stuff.)
-- Any additional processing within the DAW?
--How on earth does he avoid having audible noise with such cranked-sounding tones?

Last edited:

jageya

Indeed, it sound's great -- due both to Amplitube Fender 2 and to Greg himself.

Greg always sounds super, no matter what he's playing through. messing around with the Fender 2 collection, I do find many, many nice sounds. The Custom Deluxe worked well for me on punky rhythm track.

Some things I'm always interested in when I see demos like this:

-- How are levels set going into the audio interface?
-- How are levels set in Amplitube itself? (The screenshots shown don't show active input and output meters.)
-- Any pedals or rack stuff used within Amplitube? (Many of the included presets have a lots of compression, delay, and rack EQ. Pretty often, I like the amp sim better when I deactivate that stuff.)
-- Any additional processing within the DAW?
--How on earth does he avoid having audible noise with such cranked-sounding tones?
i wonder that as well....would be nice to know

TJontheRoad

Just Wanna Be Misunderstood
Gold Supporting Member
Koch could make a busted ukulele sound like guitar heaven.

Stumbling back to the woodshed I go...

lafours

I have good luck with amplitube on my pc.. the new Mesa and Marshalls are great... I got great tones out of the old meodels with some tweaking..

Matticus

Tweed tones have become a bit of a litmus test for me. Plenty of modelers and software seem to struggle with them, like they've always been really hard to model well; to capture the grease, the effects of a lack of negative feedback, etc. I have my suspicions about why that is, but there's no telling. But dang if this release from Amplitube doesn't sound pretty great.

Sure wouldn't mind if my Amplifire got those tones... *cough*

It's been apparent for a few years now that if you are a competent guitar player, you should be able to get convincing sounds from quite a few amp simulation products,
whether hardware or software based.
Greg still uses a tube amp for live gigs...so there's that.

Well, dialing in a modeler and being a great guitar player are two very different skill sets.

I don't think they are.

They really have nothing in common. A skilled guitarist can set a good amp at noon on nearly every dial, and get a good tone. The same can most definitely not be said for most (if any) modelers. Just me, I guess.

chuskey

awesome......you think ax8 or helix can get those tones.
With him playing I'm pretty sure they could ;)

The problem, if you want to call it that, with guys like this doing demos is that people see that and think that if they buy that plug in they will sound like that. Not the way it works.....The guy's a beast!!! Not trying to take anything away from Amplitube just to be clear. The amp models do sound great.

jawgee

Wow, that sounds amazing! I've noticed that Amplitube has really stepped up their game with their "signature" models. I think their licensed Marshall, Fender, and Boogie amps sound great.

richpjr

With him playing I'm pretty sure they could ;)

The problem, if you want to call it that, with guys like this doing demos is that people see that and think that if they buy that plug in they will sound like that. Not the way it works.....The guy's a beast!!! Not trying to take anything away from Amplitube just to be clear. The amp models do sound great.

Agree completely. The one thing it does show is that the tool is capable of producing a great sound and if you can't get a great sound out of it, it's you not the tool.

jageya

Agree completely. The one thing it does show is that the tool is capable of producing a great sound and if you can't get a great sound out of it, it's you not the tool.
true....but we dont know what the setup is we are listening to and if those are just stock sounds straight from the unit to our ears or if there is any pre/post processing or compression added ect...if it was just plug in..dial up and play out to a daw to your ears that would be great tone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom