Greg Koch's tone and playing here is just killer.

Misterbulbous

I know there's a lot of posts about Greg, and the last one with Josh Smith got plenty of responses, but I can't get enough of this performance here. There's plenty of bad versions of this song, this one is not. Really great tone and he's put together quite a 3-piece.

sharing for those who are interested.

makeitstop

Old dude with guitars
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm starting to think of Greg in the same terms as Danny Gatton. I've watched that clip a couple of times, there's a lot in there. Dude can cover just about any style and do it well.

I know Greg is a huge Gatton fan and would scoff at my even making the comparison, but there are few guitarists that remind me of Danny, and Greg is one of them.

Braciola

Gold Supporting Member
LOVE Greg, and I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but his Jazz influence just didn't gel with that Zep tune.

rickcard71

Gold Supporting Member
Wow, that is great, tone also. That is a cool guitar but I don’t like the pup ring on the bridge neck pup.

Misterbulbous

I've known of the Gristlemeister since his fender days... just amazing AMAZING control of the instrument. The dude is always *on* and always ready to chat. Purest of professionals.
It’s a shame Fender never gave him an endorsement deal. I could be WAY off base but In his interview on Jude Golds podcast, I kinda got the impression he was frustrated with all the Fender promotion he was doing and not getting much in return. I could be wrong though.

Trending Topics