Gretsch Falcon - Custom Colors at Music Zoo

Arewenotmen?

Daaaammmmnnnn! That sage green looks fantastic! :eek:

...it also looks a little more blue than green to me, but I'll take it! They could call it freaking hot pink if they wanted; it still looks freaking awesome.

trickness

Analog with a side of DSP
The only place to buy Gretsch is Streetsounds. Unless you want to pay 11 grand for a green White Falcon.

vortexxxx

Silver Supporting Member
The best value for a Gretsch is buying one used. I prefer White Falcons with the vertical logo

steve108819

The only place to buy Gretsch is Streetsounds. Unless you want to pay 11 grand for a green White Falcon.
Joel @ Shanghai is my first stop. The reason the Falcoln in the OP is 11 grand is because it's a Sterns built Custom Shop. Terada built Falcon is just fine for me.

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
I'm old fashioned......Falcon's should be white.
That's the way I feel, too. However, I think it's a good thing to offer different, "non conventional" colors for the crowd out there that might prefer something less ordinary. Same goes for the custom colored LP they carry.

DRS

I got the email from Music Zoo as well. I love the green "White Falcon." This is funny - 2 are listed as
"heavy relics." If you know anything about Gretschs, you know that the vintage ones from the 50s and 60 usually end up with the bindings rotting off. Funny the relic guy didn't reproduce this wear condition;)

HowardMusic

Silver Supporting Member
Does anybody know how different the build quality and materials used are between the custom shop and the JPN factory? Never played a custom shop, but my JPN made 6122 plays and sounds pretty good.

feet

Gold Supporting Member
red and sage are gone already. looks like someone thought they were alright. now they have an inca silver one. personally, i love this sort of thing. got tired of seeing custom shop jets. the sage was pretty, the burgundy mist doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as it should.

seen a few stern built relics in person and i was completely fooled. they were in a shop next to all other kinds of vintage pieces and i never doubted them for a second. would still prefer a non relic version, if only to save a few (thousand) dollars. the custom shop hollowbodies start at around 5-6k, right? i'd love to see some custom shop annies and clubs.

Trending Topics