Gretsch Guitar Questions

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by MullisMan, Sep 30, 2008.

1. MullisMan

MullisMan Member

I know a guy that is selling an orange hollowbody electric, I've played the guitar and I loved it, sounded great, played great. Only problem is, the binding on the neck has become separated a little from the neck itself. No cracking or anything like that, it's just come apart, don't know if that's because of humidity causing the glue to come out or what. Anybody know how expensive that is to fix or if it's a deal I should steer clear of? Any suggestions would be great. And i'm also trying to figure out what model guitar it is, the only thing I remember on the guitar is that it said signature on the headstock, but I don't know if it was an artist series or what, my friend says it's a reissue of an older guitar. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

What's the price?
    Chances are it's an expensive guitar.

3. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

And chances are it could be a G3161. A cheaper re-issue like orange Gretsch exclusively made(Korean) for GC between 2004-06. They were selling around $700.00 - $900.00. Here's one for $500.00
    http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/details.cfm?listId=104427144

Look in the upper F-hole for a label with a model #.

Like the above poster mentioned, What's the model and asking price?

4. MullisMan

MullisMan Member

That's the thing, the guy said he got it for around $650-$700, so I'm thinking that it's the Korean made one. Are those bad guitars? The guy is having some financial issues so he absolutely has to get rid of it, i'm getting it for $300. Still a pretty good deal in my opinion. And I'll have to talk to him and see what model it is.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  5. CharAznable

CharAznable Member

For 300 bucks????
    Do it.

Doesn't matter what it is.