Gretsch mini humbucker question

I have a gretsch baritone
Found out the custom mini humbucker are not interchangeable with other pickups

My question is if i found a pair of gretsch mini hums on ebay could i send those into a compand to take the guts out of it and place better mini hums in the covers of these

I have a gretsch baritone
Found out the custom mini humbucker are not interchangeable with other pickups

My question is if i found a pair of gretsch mini hums on ebay could i send those into a compand to take the guts out of it and place better mini hums in the covers of these
I dont mind the current ones just very low output and not as jangly as id like

4AA4D549-2FD3-46AA-B53D-5806CE9E014D.jpeg

theon

Gold Supporting Member
TV Jones sells Gretsch adapter rings.
They may have one for your application.
Given any thought to having the original pickups rewound to Gretsch mini humbucker specs?

colinesquire

I had a pro jet with those pickups years ago. P90s drop right in and they make covers for gibson mini hums that fit p90 routes as well. I wouldn’t go to the trouble to custom fit something to those covers. You could probably fit filtertons as well but might have to get creative with mounting.

I had a pro jet with those pickups years ago. P90s drop right in and they make covers for gibson mini hums that fit p90 routes as well. I wouldn’t go to the trouble to custom fit something to those covers. You could probably fit filtertons as well but might have to get creative with mounting.
My only concern is i saw a post where someone tried to install P90s but the mounting screws go right where its routed for the wires to go

ddhr

Here's an older thread where several pickups are tried:

Here's an older thread where several pickups are tried:

I saw that and thats what concerns me
Looks like the only ones thatll fit would be the cheap GHS pickups or Rickenbacker pups

Unless i wanna do some serious routing

guitarmook

Dynasonic pickups, or anything TV Jones makes, in a dynasonic mount, will also fit in the gretsch minibucker rout.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom