Gretsch or Duesenberg???

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by cklug2, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Dr Slapstick

Dr Slapstick Member

I just got a Duesenberg Starplayer TV with the intention of flipping it, and it's quickly winning me over. The neck pickup I'm not a huge fan of, but the humbucker in the bridge is awesome! Plays very well, sounds great- no complaints really.

My other guitar is a PRS HBII SC, and the setup/finish on the Duesenberg was on par with the PRS (which is saying something...)

2. AtlMusicMan86

AtlMusicMan86 Silver Supporting Member

Putting all of the controversy from Duesenberg aside and seeing what the guitar is for itself, I firmly believe the Duesenberg is going to be your most versatile guitar. Every one that I played has been consistent with the next, the same goes for Gretsch guitars. But the pickup combination on the Duisenberg lends itself to some amazing versatile tones that you cannot get on the Gretsch. The Bridge pickup is nice and hot giving you some sweet drive tones that cut through the mix nicely and the neck pickup being a P90 definitely gives you sweet woody and airy tones. At the end of the day it's all player preference and both are great guitars regardless of where they're made.

3. Joe Boy

Joe Boy Member

Since your asking for a primary church guitar...White Falcon...and done.

Nice balance between acoustic and electric. Sounds awesome clean and dirty.

Historic guitar, played in any musical format.

Not to mention..."it looks fantastic".

And yes, I own one.

4. Rory_Rules

Rory_Rules Supporting Member

I haven't played a Duesenberg, but I LOVE my Duo Jet . . .

[​IMG]