Gretsch - WTF??

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
I dig that.

What were they thinking?

"Hey, we got all these spare parts laying around...lets put them on an acoustic!"

kevo_20716

I don't think it's that bad. Gretsch knows it's not for everybody and I can see the allure to some. I'm sure (or at least I hope) they're not going to build millions of them with most left unsold. It's a niche product like Teles with a Bigsby or a B-bender..

Last edited:

madspirit

Man, if that will do what I think, I love it. I play folk-based songs (actual songs, open chording) but my guitar thing is wet/ambient/spatial (not bone dry acoustic strumming). That thing ran through verb and delay but still being acoustically articulate could be really cool. Of course, turned up, it probably howls immediately.

DRS

It's the perfect guitar for the Nashville singing star that wears a guitar and hits the odd chord while his band rips in the back.

jdr1014

I love Gretsches in general and appreciate Gretsch "quirkiness" but even though I've been looking at pix of that new model for about a week now, I still think it looks "wrong" on several levels...............different strokes, I guess........

Trending Topics