Gretsch - WTF??

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
This sort of design was tried by a few manufacturers in the '50s, '60s and '70s. It was killed off by the development of reasonably good piezo pickups.

Waxhead

Sounds great to me.
Strange how when a company releases something a little different outside the usual conservative approach that some people think it's funny :)

RomanS

That looks awesome, can't wait to try! The lack of a trem arm is what's keeping me from practising and playing my acoustics most of the time, this might be the perfect remedy!

Rob Sharer

Muso-Luthier
I think it looks fantastic, apart from the gold. I've always dreamed of a Rancher with a Bigsby, believe it or not.

Rob

eBayfreak

Hmm, it sure seems like something new, and sounds fantastic in that Youtube video someone posted.

But my brain thinks it looks like this:

M

Member 37136

If it had the "G" brand and western inlays, I'd be all over that!

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
Saw the thread title. Knew it had to be about the Homer mobile. Was not disappointed.

It grows on you, like a fungus. I initially found it positively revolting on a variety of metaphorical and practical levels, but the more I think about it, the more I find myself nodding along.

There is a hardtail version, btw.

FenderTone

Yesterday at first look I thought it was extremely ugly. Today it looks a little better. I wonder if there are acoustical reasons for the shape. Probably negligible. Why not just shape it like a regular acoustic. A feedback monster that would be untamable for a rock and roll band but if it weren't for the feedback and if it had a hot bridge pickup I'd bet this guitar would cover a lot of rock territory. If it weren't for the feedback I'd consider it.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Looks kinda Frankensteinish but, what the heck, if it sounds & plays good that's all that matters. You don't play the cosmetics ;).

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
Looks like something Fred Sampson would build... bum bum bum banum... bum bum bum banum...

Trending Topics