Gries 5 Tube Amplifier – My Video Demo

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
Gries 5 Tube Amplifier – My Video Demo

Well, first of all, please excuse my sloppy playing and my poor quality recording – this is my first attempt at recording myself and uploading a video to YouTube.

Ideally, the video won’t be so bad that it would deter anyone from considering the exceptional Gries 5 Tube Amp! I guarantee that if you were in the room with me, and able to play the amp for yourself, you’d be able to hear how truly amazing it sounds.

I do apologize for all of the noise in the recording – I was playing in the basement (low ceilings, exposed duct work, vibrating furniture, and antiquated electrical wiring). Also, my G&L Fallout was putting out a lot of noise – which isn’t indicative of the quality of the guitar (or the amp) – it’s merely a result of my experimentation with a soldering iron (in fact, if I point the headstock in one specific direction, the ‘white noise’ disappears almost entirely). And finally, I’m sure that a basic Canon digital camera is far from an ideal recording device.

Anyhow, here is a link to my NAD Thread –

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/nad-gries-5-tube-amplifier.1586720/

And, without further ado, my demo…

FFTT

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

The amp sounds fantastic!

You can also see and hear that the Gries 5 is far more than just a Champ clone.

Last edited:

jguitarslim

Thanks for video. No need to apologize, sounds like good recording.
My father owns one and talks about it having a "woody" sound.
Could definitely hear that.

FFTT

That amp is hand built to last a lifetime.

You should fully expect to be able to hand that little wonder down to your grandkids.

Trending Topics