• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Grissom Lone Star Guitar: anyone make DVDs??

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I know Grissom's Lone Star guitar is not, and has never been, available on DVDs. But I don't OWN a VHS player. Has anyone ever made (or will they make?) DVD copies of it? I'll pay! Seriously, why all these other players have been converted to DVD (on Homespun) but Grissom hasn't is beyond me...

I've got Grissom's book, which is good, but 2 hours of video would be awesome.

kush06

I'll second that. Can't imagine why this one's not on DVD, I would snatch it up in a heartbeat.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
My sister has a VHS-to-DVD machine, but I don't know when I'll be visiting her again... maybe I'll just buy the VHS and wait it out... :(

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
There was a guy that posted here a couple of years ago, bigredshred, and he makes DVDs of old VHS lesson tapes. I bought a couple from him, and their quality was decent, and his service was good. Here's one of his old posts... the Grissom tape isn't listed, but he probably has it:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/6314557&postcount=25
Holy crap! That's alot of ...crap. :D I just bought the VHS off ebay. I guess I'll get around to burning DVDs next time I visit my sister.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
I remember having dinner with David soon after that was made. He was pretty keyed up about getting to play with the legendary Harvey Brooks on bass on that video.

gmans

Thank You so much, been looking for this forever! Used to have it on VHS! Hopefully you can get part 2 up. I love TGP!

Trending Topics