Gristle King

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by amdowell, May 13, 2019.

1. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

I somehow fell into a YouTube rabbit hole and found myself watching Greg Koch being interviewed and I really liked the sound of the gristle king pedal.

It sounds great on its own, but wondered about it pushing a gained up amp. Is it another TS type thing?

I have some really great drive pedals now and am wondering if it would be redundant adding it to my current line up (Gain Changer, EQD Dunes, EP Booster).

2. BlueFlameAmps

BlueFlameAmps Member

I used to have a V3.....into a crunchy JTM it was too much low end that couldn't be tamed. I really think it shines for clean amp players. Which I'm not....

amdowell likes this.
  3. flyingmusicman

flyingmusicman Member

I have a Trex Gristle King and it cooks with basically anything. The pedal is very versatile but relatively unknown. In fact, when I got the GK I didn't really find much info about it other than those Greg Koch videos.

4. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

It only works if you wear a beanie......

5. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

This was actually quite helpful. My Electra Dyne is always crunchy and doesn’t need any more low end emphasis. Thanks.

6. Snottyboy

Snottyboy Member

I believe the Gristle King is a combination of the original T. Jauernig DGTM and Luxury Drive pedal in dual pedal form. I had both individual pedals years ago. Luxury Drive is a clean boost. DGTM is a TS-type with 3 clipping options. Nice pedals, both.

amdowell and rumstove like this.
  7. rumstove

rumstove Member

This exactly. You can also select whether the Luxury Drive boost side comes before or after the DGTM dirt side. Both sides can be used together or separately. I had a really early version at one time and traded it for some other Tim pedals to try. I currently have a couple Luxury Drives and a DGTM that I'll never get rid of. Tim lives here in WI and my former boss knows him, so I met him through my boss. Nice guy and quite knowledgeable.

amdowell likes this.