Groove Tubes 5751M

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by myles111, Aug 9, 2010.

1. myles111

myles111 Member

There were slight plate differences as problems were trying to be addressed.

2. GT100

GT100 Member

Myles we appreciate all the good info.
    I had a Guytron GT-100 for over ten years and this year upgraded to an F/V. During this time I have experimented with all of the current production tubes in the last decade and I can say that different brands of tubes do make a big difference in this amp.
    For example the Ei 12ax7 was great in the two phase inverter positions but too bright for gain stages.
    Currently though I am using the NS Tungsols in all positions.

Lloyd

3. GDS Racing

GDS Racing Member

Actually, the GT100 is a ffairly simple amp if you break itinto its parts. The circuitry is very similar to all the great amps we all love and it is devoid of most of the tricks used to make many lower end high gain amps behave. It behaves because of good design. It does respond well to different tubes in my experience. You can change the flavour of the amp.

4. myles111

myles111 Member

Good to know. Thanks for the update. I had not worked on any Guytron stuff for a number of years since Danny Jacob's amp.