Grosh Electrajet Wilkinson Tremolo - high E and B going out of tune when using trem

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by amplifiedtorock, Feb 26, 2012.

1. amplifiedtorock

amplifiedtorock Member

Hi guys,

So, I've had the same strings (10's) on my Electrajet for over 6 months and finally decided to change them a few days before our recording session. Like a dumbass, I put 11's on, went to rehearsal and fought with tuning the whole time.

Went home, and promptly switched the 11's back out for a fresh set of 10's and things got a whole lot better BUT still whenever I use the trem, the high E and B strings go waay out of tune (and I use a LOT of trem). I was in a recording studio ALL DAY yesterday and fought with it the whole time...aarrrgh. This thing used to be bullet proof and literally hadn't gone out of tune in 6 months. Yesterday, I tuned before each and every take...pretty sure my fingers are sore, not from the session, but from the tuning keys lol.

Please help!

What should I adjust to get this thing back in bombproof whammy territory?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  2. m-m-m

m-m-m Member

I would try lubing the string tree, or even switching to a graphite string tree.

3. amplifiedtorock

amplifiedtorock Member

On it. I have some nut sauce, will that suffice? While I'm at it, anything else i should be lubing?

4. m-m-m

m-m-m Member

Nut sauce is what I'd try ... and the nut slots couldn't hurt either. I generally go with graphite nuts and string trees, so I don't have to worry about lubing, but others would argue that a bone nut will sound much better than a graphite impregnated TUSQ XL nut. I don't notice, and I don't think anybody listening to me does either.

.... not that that's a very big club, but you know what I mean ;)