Ground control pro & gcx system mix plus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Nick, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Nick

Nick Member

Hi

Has anyone tried this system ?

1) Does it suck tone
    2) Theres not much info around about the mixer is it perhaps discontinued ?
    3) General thoughts :YinYang

Best wishes
    Nick

2. Desiknow

Desiknow Supporting Member

3. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

I used this set up for a while, too, and highly recommend it. I really liked the fact that all I had on the floor in front of me was the Ground Control, which took up a lot less stage real estate than my old pedalboard did. The only thing I didn't like was schlepping around the rack that held my pedals, but that was my fault for using a shockmount rack with more rack spaces than I needed; it was a lot bigger and heavier than it needed to be.

4. Nick

Nick Member

Thank you both..

So did any of you tried the mixer ?
    Im very interested in how the VCA holds up ??
    Thanks

5. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

I'm running the GCX ground control system and couldn't be happier. I've found that i prefer to use the direct in rather than guitar in to bypass the buffer. I've had better results using the Klons buffer on the floor with everything else racked up. Great system in you need total control or have drunk idiots at the front of stage headbanging and spilling beer all over your board!! :)

6. Nick

Nick Member

Great system in you need total control or have drunk idiots at the front of stage headbanging and spilling beer all over your board!! :)__________________
    And that is prob. the main reason Im getting one.. thanks

7. pala

pala Member

The SM+ is discontinued, and the used prices for it seem to be on the clouds...

Pala

8. Nick

Nick Member

I Bought it, and it´s goooood ..

9. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey Nick,

I use a Ground Control v2.4 MIDI controller, GCX audio switcher and the System Mix Plus. You can buy the Ground Control and the GCX audio switcher for fair prices used, but I have to agree the System Mix Plus used prices are outrageous. Don't ask what I paid for mine.:crazyguy The Digital Music Corp. equipment works well with my large guitar rack system. It's a lot cheaper than the Bradshaw equipment, easier to obtain at used prices, parts are available from Voodoo Labs and is a proven design. I like how the System Mix Plus integrates the dry and wet signals along with the direct outs for the mixer, and the built in buffer. If you plan on running the wet/dry/wet setup, this is one way to do it. There used to be a web page from DMC for the System Mix Plus that I've seen on the Internet. I haven't seen it out for awhile though. I did find this:

http://www.amptone.com/dmcsystemmixplus.htm
    http://www.midi-classics.com/p5766.htm

The best source of information about this type of guitar rack system equipment is Huge Racks Inc. website (www.hugeracksinc.com). A lot of the guys there own this particular mixer, myself included.

For a piece of '90s guitar rack gear, the System Mix Plus is very good of eqiupment. The Soundblade Switchblade by Sound Sculpture is the next step for rack mixer/audio switching since it incorporates both audio switching and rack mixer functions and you're not stuck with the standard rack mixer audio configuration. Expensive piece of gear with some amount of programming, but it's state of the art if you're into this type of setup.

Guitar George

10. Nick

Nick Member

Thanks for the info, that was really helpfull..

Nick