Ground Control Pro Switch Problems

c diddy 5000

So I've had my Ground Control Pro for quite a few years now, and love the simplicity of use, however simple mechanical issues are becoming more problematic. Allow me to explain...

About 1-2 years ago, I was experiencing several of my footswitches becoming intermittent. I proceeded to contact VL support and they were extremely helpful, and replaced the tact switches for no cost. I have now had it back for a while, and am experiencing the issue on other switches as well. As it was explained to me, the switches that we step on on the exterior of the controller are not mounted to the circuit board, rather just act as actuators for the tact switches that are on the PCB...

Here's my thought - What, if anything, can I place in addition to the spring underneath the actuator to make a more solid mechanical contact with the tact switch to ensure consistent switching? It seems as though the spring could perhaps be replaced by a heavier duty spring? Does anyone have any suggestions? Im beginning to get frustrated when i step on a switch in the middle of a song, and nothing happens.

lwatford

Silver Supporting Member
I know you don't want to be without it, but the voodoo guys will get you fixed up!

Anyway, I don't think the actuator touches the switch all the time, maybe find something to fill the gap till it can be fixed? You might get some false triggering though.

chrisjnyc

I would 2nd having Voodoo labs fix it

I know guys with Line 6 switch problems, figured out how to change the switches to momentary switches, that are wired to the PCB.

c diddy 5000

yea, they fixed it the first time. as of today, i ordered up new tact switches, and am going to experiment using a momentary switch to replace them in the future. this would make the GCP sooooo much more reliable! Im very much looking forward to making this happen. Im also contemplating swapping out the LEDs for differnt colors to distinguish between the presets and IA switches...

stratotone

Silver Supporting Member
I swapped out the LEDs in my GCP with high output blue ones, looks great. Did it five years ago, still no problems.

Trending Topics