• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

GSP 1101 Question

zwantedone

Just acquired a GSP 1101 and am trying to get it setup. On the web page there is a tone library for download. My question is: How do I get to download into the GSP from the computer? When I click on the GSP link, a page comes up with computer speak which I assume are the parameters for that particular tone. Shouldn't that somehow load into the GSP in it's entirety without any assistance from me, other than clicking an import or download button somewhere? Technologically challenged, so forgive me if this something obvious. Tried calling digitech, but so far no response. Any help will be appreciated....Will

3dognate

The the tone library files you are downloading are XML files... You'll need to right click on the files and "save target as"/"save link as" and save the file to your hard drive...(Your web browser will try to open the XML document as it is a native browser file type)

You'll need to use the X-Edit program (Downloads section of the GSP1101 page) and use that program to load those tone library presets into the USB connected GSP1101. Pretty easy after you've done it once. (If you have upgraded to one of the Beta Firmwares you'll need to use the X-edit version for the Beta Version you are using... (http://mustbebeta.com) (No beta X-edit software for Mac users though)

You cannot just click the tone link and it magically appear in the GSP... more work is involved.

BCy2k

Depends on what firmware your GSP has.

You'll need to connect your GSP to your computer using the USB port, or via MIDI if you have a midi interface on your computer.

There's an editor librarian for the GSP on the Digitech website, but it won't be of any use if your GSP is running any of the mustbebeta firmware updates. Do a forum search on this board for more info - which is here by the bucket load for the GSP.

zwantedone

I understand nothing is going to magically happen, which is why I asked for advice/guidance. That being said, when I finally managed to get in touch with Digitech, the solution was to change from Internet Explorer to Chrome and is by magic, I only had to click on the link and it downloaded. Maybe the answer for some other computer illiterate soul....Will

Trending Topics

Top Bottom