GSP1101 - GIRL cab loader instructions?

Chad

I managed to find a download link for the GIRL software. Also, found a link to a GIRL "instruction manual" on the mustbebeta website, but the link is dead.

Anybody got those GIRL instructions?

Thanks.

MoPho

Formerly tripp2k
Silver Supporting Member
@Chad jabelardo (member here, PM him) developed GIRL. If you get it, please share.

MoPho

Formerly tripp2k
Silver Supporting Member
I just PM'd him. Would be nice if their was a post with all the links in it.

Chad

Thanks much, fellas.

I do have several questions:

1. Should I be using the GSP1101 Windows v2.1 USB driver on the Digitech site? I downloaded it last night and plugged the GSP1101 into my computer (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit). GIRL kept crashing. JUpdater would work, but it would sporadically lose connection with the GSP and I'd have to retry to upload IRs sometimes to get them to work.

2. What should I set the db level at in GIRL/JUpdater?

3. Is there much sound difference in 128 bit vs 256 bit IRs? i.e. Is it worth messing with the workarounds to get the GSP to play them at 256?

4. I am using Redwirez IRs. Should I be uploading the 44,100-16 bit or 44,100-24 bit versions?

5. Within GIRL, I'm guessing you just load an IR and click "Audition" and it will temporarily load the IR into the GSP. Does it matter where you are at on the GSP1101 screen when uploading IRs? Then if you want to upload it, just click "Perma", then "Commit"?

Thanks again.

Chad

I also have the OwnHammer Public Beta Redux pack.

Should I upload WAV-44,100-Stereo or Mono IRs?

_pete_

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks much, fellas.

I do have several questions:

1. Should I be using the GSP1101 Windows v2.1 USB driver on the Digitech site? I downloaded it last night and plugged the GSP1101 into my computer (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit). GIRL kept crashing. JUpdater would work, but it would sporadically lose connection with the GSP and I'd have to retry to upload IRs sometimes to get them to work.

2. What should I set the db level at in GIRL/JUpdater?

3. Is there much sound difference in 128 bit vs 256 bit IRs? i.e. Is it worth messing with the workarounds to get the GSP to play them at 256?

4. I am using Redwirez IRs. Should I be uploading the 44,100-16 bit or 44,100-24 bit versions?

5. Within GIRL, I'm guessing you just load an IR and click "Audition" and it will temporarily load the IR into the GSP. Does it matter where you are at on the GSP1101 screen when uploading IRs? Then if you want to upload it, just click "Perma", then "Commit"?

Thanks again.

1. I'm not sure about the driver. I do know that GIRL will not work with X-Edit open.

2. I set them at -6db. At that level they are no louder than the stock IRs.

3. No sound difference as far as I can tell. I use the 128 IR's

4. 44,100-16 bit

5. You got it. I usually rename the IR in GIRL before committing it to the GSP so I can identify it later. The GSP will only show so many characters so use a short name.

jabelardo

You need to have the GSP1101 Windows USB driver installed for GIRL working.

colmac2000

Apologies for the necro-bump but I am struggling to get GIRL to work...I have the Digitech driver installed but the app just freezes whenever I try to audition or commit an IR. Anyone got any advice on this? Or maybe a link to the app that they are sure is working?

Thanks!