Guild HATES lefties?!?!

Bready

So I've been looking around the web and stumbled upon Guild's guitar catalog. They have some cool stuff. It's not the same rehashed LP, strat or tele every other brand makes. The ones that caught my eye were the jetstar and the t200 tbird. Their rendition of the SG, the s100 polara looks really cool too. But the main issue is: I can't seem to find any lefty versions of these anywhere. Guild produces some lefty acoustics but the electric landscape looks like a barren wasteland. Has it always been like this or can I hunt for some vintage lefty specimens?

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Gold Supporting Member
I emailed them a few years ago asking if they made a lefty 100……. But they just put me on the email list and randomly send me the latest news about right handed guitars……..
Years ago I played a lefty Guild jumbo 12-string and loving it while being broke didn’t make for a happy ending!?!?!

Bready

I emailed them a few years ago asking if they made a lefty 100……. But they just put me on the email list and randomly send me the latest news about right handed guitars……..
Man, that's just embarrassing as a company. Shows they don't even interact with customers on a basic level

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Left-handed guitars don't sell in large enough numbers for many companies to make them, not just Guild. It's unfortunate, but certainly a sign of business decisions, not outright derision.

3waytie4last

Mumbler
Platinum Supporting Member
It's not just Guild. Everybody hates lefties. :p

DkgvSFxU0AAkZPT.jpg

Upper Mids

I'm a lefty too and while I regret that many guitars models I want to own aren't available for me (a Dan Armstrong lucite has always been a dream of mine), I don't think any company hates lefties. We're a minority. We don't pay the bills and the smaller companies can't take too many risks.

Sigh. How I long for that Armstrong...

Guitarworks

Left-handed guitars not being profitable enough to justify the expense of tooling up Hating left-handed players

ozraves

Silver Supporting Member
I've never really gotten the need for a lefty guitar. The technique for left and right hands is fairly substantial on the guitar and each present skill challenges that you overcome by practicing just as persons who are left or right handed overcome the challenges of playing a piano.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
I've never really gotten the need for a lefty guitar. The technique for left and right hands is fairly substantial on the guitar and each present skill challenges that you overcome by practicing just as persons who are left or right handed overcome the challenges of playing a piano.
Ah, nope. Just nope.

L0ki

Gold Supporting Member
There’s a green Starfire online (no affiliation) that looks like a lefty converted to a righty. You can spot it by the ‘2nd pick guard’

ghostrider

Silver Supporting Member
Leftys… can live with ‘em, can’t heard ‘em all into Canada! ;)

I honestly feel bad for lefty players, but as a righty, looking at a lefty guitar is just unsettling.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom