• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

GUILD STARFIRE ARRIVES! (Ebony board, harp tailpiece.)

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
STARFIRE!!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Man, how is it that Guild never made it HUGE.

These things sound and play so good, it should be illegal. Where Gibson 335s are sweet, these snarl and bark in the mids. HUGE,TIGHT bottom end like on most Guilds. I should never have sold my old Starefire IV, but now I got this VI. EBONY BOARD!!! 8lb 5 ounces of tone. First clip.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7398082&q=hi

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Sweet Merciful CRAP that's hot. Where'd you score it? Man that is exactly my kind of guitar! All that sexy Starfire goodness AND ebony. Yum.

Yowsa

GAD

teleking36

Nice score Tag! I've never seen a Starfire like that. I have a soft spot for Guilds. I need to pick one of these up to cure my hollowbody craving.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Thanks guys! I found it on ebay, where else?? LOL!

Jerryr

Very, very nice guitar. The tone on that clip is excellent. Very nice playing also. You're going to have everyone on the forum looking for Guilds now :)

84Bravo

Tag, that's some mighty sweet maple. Congrats. To answer your question--I don't know why Guild didn't go way huge. I think their stuff is the best bargain out there these days. Proud Guild owner here too, another story, another time, your thread. Rock on.

Shamus

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds great! Very nice playing too. How are the pickups in higher gain situations?

Also, how's the neck profile?

Very cool 335 alternative.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Hey tag.. excuse my ignorance but what is that little top hat pot near the switch?
That would be the master volume. Starfires had them for some time in the 70's and 80's.

GAD

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Sweet deal Tag. It sounds just as good as it looks. Beautiful fingerboard. Gotta get me a Guild ...
MD

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
John does a fantastic job of it.

I just might have to add a Starfire to my 335's after hearing these two examples.

Loved yours Tag, a perfect blend of mellow and bite at the same time.

Boogie92801

That is sooooooooooo sweet... I looked at that guitar for a while too.

I have had a few guild hollow bodies including SFIII's IV's and an X500 and they are so underrated.

I have a killer orange westerly Guild X170 with super flame all over that is an incredibly well made, playing and sounding guitar.

The SF IVs (and VI like yours) hang with any 335 I have ever played and are more than just an alternative.

I have never played a VI but I have wanted one for years - I think they are pretty rare.

Congratulations and I am jealous.

Trending Topics