Guitar Brands & Models that are so consistent you can buy online, sight unseen

1973Marshall

There's few brands I feel comfortable buying online at regular or premium prices unless there's a return policy. That is because these brands and models are so high quality there's a rough idea of the final product without needing to put it through heavy paces.

What comes immediately to mind:
Fender CIJ Strats
Fender CIJ basses
80s-90s Fender Strat Plus / Strat Ultra in good condition
Gibson ES335
Anything Ernie Ball Music Man (EBMM) especially the Axis, Luke and Silhouette Special

Have you found examples that you can buy sight unseen and trust you will be happy?

bigtone23

TBH, the inexpensive stuff has never been better in the history of instrument making. IF you like new instruments that are $400 or less, it's pretty easy to buy those hands off and not be disappointed.

Also on the OP's note: Outside of Japan, the 83/4 Fender American and the 86-89 Fender American Standard stuff is pretty solid, too.

musekatcher

Squier, MIMs, Epiphones - the most mass produced are pretty much the most consistent, predictably. That could be good or bad.

supergenius365

Silver Supporting Member
Another vote for Yamaha.
I have 3 Squier CV Teles and there wasn’t a single thing wrong with any of them. Any changes I made were simply because I wanted to.

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve bought 4 Custom Shop Gibsons (2 Les Pauls and 2 SGs) and they were all fantastic. I did sell one of the SGs, but it was a great guitar.

I’ve bought 2 Custom Shop Fenders (Nocaster and 62 RI Strat) and they are both great. I did swap the pickups in the Strat though.

Trending Topics