Guitar Cable - Advice - Help Plz -

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sdlogan9, Oct 10, 2005.

1. sdlogan9

sdlogan9 Gold Supporting Member

Im sure there has been many threads on this topic, sorry to be redundant....

I Play real basic strat through a Deluxe reverb, some times 1 or 2 pedals max!!! I want to know what is the best cable brand out there for $50.00 or less cant bring myself to pay more than that per cable.... But I am ignorant to the cable brands out there and how good they really are... Please suggest options for

1. - 20ft

2. - 8-inch or what ever might go between pedals..

Thanks so much

Shane

2. britishampsrock

britishampsrock Member

http://www.lavacable.com/myweb/CableSummit4.pdf

this is pretty in depth on the high quality cables, there are some that are less than $50. i personally use a couple 21ft. monster cables and then some 6 inch fender california patch cables between my effects. i think eventually im going to switch to the lavacables. http://www.lavacable.com these are pretty cheap and from what im told have great sound quality.

3. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

I think the Planet Waves cables are great. I like those and regular Mogamis some of the time too (better than the more expensive stuff I've tried).

4. fernmeister

fernmeister Member

i make my own cables with klotz la grange and neutrik connectors.

the main thing you want to look for is the spec on capacitance (pF/foot, or pF/metre). on a 20 foot cable variations in this figure will have a noticeable effects on your tone and the preference of most players is to go for the lowest figure possible.

5. memphisrain

memphisrain Member

I just switched to George L's. Buy it by the foot and slap on some solderless ends and away you go. Seem like a great bang for the buck to me.

Best place to get them:

JMI Music

mR

6. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

I use George L in my pedal boards
    But much prefer Lava cable for guitar to board and board to amps. These sound great, are made extremely well, and unlike the George L's, they don't tangle up and they do lie flat on the stage

These cables are made with very high quality Canare cable and Neutrik plugs and sell in the $20's

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

7. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

+3 on lava.

Mark is one of those genuinely nice guys who puts the customers needs and desires first. He uses top quality components and his cables are very transparent with no noise (especially for your small rig).

I used to use PWs, and one common complaint with them is that they are prone to picking up radio signals. I used to have that problem, then switched to lava, and voila.....

8. oxtone

oxtone Member

sdlogan9,

Evidence Audio cables are the best out there. They are are bit more money, but the difference in tone is obvious!

They are at: www.evidenceaudio.com. Check 'em out!

I also use George L's, but you have to cut them with a razor, not a wire cutter. You need to get a very clean, straight cut with the razor for them to work well. Otherwise, a wire cutter will pinch the wire inside, and you won't get as good a connection.

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

www.bayoucables.com

Best in the biz for quality, value and service IMHO. Just a paying customer telling it like he sees/hears it.