Guitar capacitors

Sparky6string

I recently replaced a couple of ceramic capacitors in my guitar with two polyester film caps, keeping the values the same. There is a sound difference, but I'm wondering what others think about either capacitor. Are either of these considered good options?

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
I usually replace the ceramic disc caps in my guitars with quality parts - Sprague Orange Drops in my particular case - and also notice an improvement in overall sound.

It's a fast and inexpensive way to boost your guitar's sound a bit.

--chiba

rooster

I picked up a big ol' bag of Sprague Vitamin Q caps from the 50's or 60's, the big silver ones with the clear tubing over them. They absolutely sound different than any other type of cap I've tried. Paper-in-oil is fantastic on a nice guitar with a good amp.

rooster.

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
Double Platinum Member
You know what's funny? I have bins full of those sozo capacitors, so I thought I would try them - AND THEY POSITIVELY ROCK!

Thinking I was some freaking genius innovator - I checked on the LP forum, before I posted my 'new' discovery, and found out --- IT'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE. A number of LP players already use the Sozos.

Sparky6string

Mickey_C said:
You know what's funny? I have bins full of those sozo capacitors, so I thought I would try them - AND THEY POSITIVELY ROCK!

Thinking I was some freaking genius innovator - I checked on the LP forum, before I posted my 'new' discovery, and found out --- IT'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE. A number of LP players already use the Sozos.
Interesting. Care to sell a few?

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Mickey_C said:

So....what did you notice and at what pot positions and with what cap values?

Trending Topics