Guitar Center Promotion?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by tomkatzz, May 17, 2008.

1. tomkatzz

tomkatzz Member

They're currently offering 15 month no interest for an in-store purchase.

As long as the balance is paid within 15 months there's no interest for the loan.

Anybody use this? Is there a monthly minimum payment? I suppose you're required to make monthly payments?

It sounds like a decent way to periodically pick up an additional piece of equipment.

2. gibsonjunkie

gibsonjunkie Member

I just got a DRRI ,a A GK amp and speaker cab - yeah - it's a great way to get something as long as you can actaully afford it..Minimums are based on principal only... haven't gotten a bill yet for the newest deal, so I can't tell you what a minimum would look like - but I did a strat on 6 months earlier this year and it was pretty low ($25, maybe) but I didn't pay much attention - I dumped a couple hundred on it every month just to get the balance down... My goal is to pay it off in six-eight months - not the whole 15...

3. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

If you don't pay it off in the specified time, you get interest charges for the whole period. Be sure to read the fine print.

4. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

And don't you have to get a GC credit card to do it?

5. gibsonjunkie

gibsonjunkie Member

Yes - it is only for the GC card. Like any promotion, the sharks are waiting for you to either make a late payment or not finish in time. I use the card to buy stuff I can afford to pay cash on - I just like the convenience of using their money instead of mine. I am very careful to pay it down quicker and also on the day the bill comes in rather than waiting until a couple days before the bill is due. I also pay everything electronically so I don't worry about mail- delay...

6. Quarter

Quarter Member

It has been mentioned, but can not be stressed enough, its a great deal as long as you can stay on top of it.

7. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Deferred interest and no payment incentives have been around for along time in retail and places like GC, Sam Ash, Musician's Friend, ect, will always have something like that going on.

Just like any credit card take care of your finances by just be responsible and use good judgment.