• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Guitar Center shipped me a fake Marshall JTM45

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
Platinum Supporting Member
Double Platinum Member
I am not kidding. They didn't have back panel pictures of the amp, which was listed in the Used Gear section for $1,500.

It just came today, and I unboxed it. The first thing I saw, after the missing end plate on the handle, was the back panel.

It's every nightmare I've ever had about buying used gear. This is somebody's home made amp stuffed in a marshall cab. What a gigantic ripoff. I called GC right away, they are sending UPS to pickup the amp and will give me a full refund.

My guess - somebody pulled a fast one on guitar center. And that's what they get for firing musicians and hiring retail sales people.

I am so mad I am swearing myself into a new religion.

20201001_145918_HDR[1].jpg

Mickey_C

Double Platinum Member
H 20201001_152609_HDR[1].jpg ere's the front of the amp. I should have spent a lot more time looking at that picture. I was afraid somebody would snag it, as happens every time I wait too long.

Mickey_C

Double Platinum Member
Now that I am looking at it I feel stupid. The feet are wrong too. That's a mojo cabinet, not marshall. The the JTM45 marking is partially under the cutout.

I hope they charge this guy with fraud.

RetVet2018

Supporting Member
I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but I did actually laugh out loud (just a little bit) after seeing the JTM logo halfway under the tolex. I do hope it gets rectified in your favor.

sickboy79

Sorry to hear this. I've only bought one amp from GC used and had a good experience. Any idea on what the amp really is? Pull the chassis? Inspect the board/transformers? Might be worth a look.

frank4001

The RI sounds pretty good in fact but that could also be a well built amp in there too. I'd send GC pics, explain and try to get a discount...if it the amp checks out good of course.

Trending Topics