1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Guitar DIY Dilema

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bluebrian, May 18, 2011.

1. bluebrian

bluebrian Member

Hi,
    I've wanted to build my own guitar for along time. I want to build something a bit wacky / funky. Most of the assembly looks straightforward but I am worried about the wiring of the pots / pickups. I am trying to decide whether to go for the warlock or flying v model listed here:
    http://www.guitar-warehouse.com/product_results.asp?CategoryID=29
    I like both equally, but which looks the easier to wire? I'm not the most technically minded and I don't think they come with wiring diagrams, but look like good value.
    Any thoughts?

2. choucas09

choucas09 Member

You could always get someone to do the wiring for you though it's not that hard. Personally I'd go for the V.

3. bluebrian

bluebrian Member

Ok, I just imagine it being a bit complicated when you have 2 pickups, volume + control knobs and a pickup selector switch, but I suppose it is something I should learn. Is there more than one way to do it? ie to get different results sonically?

4. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

acme guitar works and seymour duncan both have a lot of good wiring info on their websites