• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

guitar door hanger

slowburn

are there any guitar hangers that are kind of like wall hangers but that you can slide over say a closet door and keep the guitar hanging on the inside of it? that way it's out of sight while I'm at work (for the little woman and the little kids) but easy enough for me to grab without having to drag my cases out of the closet.

I think if you took one of the standard "String Swing" hangers and got some durable wood screws and put those straight in (which is how I affixed mine to the studs...through the drywall...long screws, ha!) and then measured the gap from the guitar to the door, you could then build a small block, padded with a good deal of squishy foam on the end for example, or perhaps a rubber foot of some kind, that would meet the back of the guitar, thus, even if a little swinging occurred, it would make contact with a far softer surface much earlier, reducing the damage.

I'm not sure it would work, but it seems like it should. I'm also no physics guy, so don't hold me to it.

slowburn

ok I called dibs here and now on the patent. crap. someones' gonna make money off me I can feel it. If anyone out there builds one, mail me one, it was my idea...

basically something like this, but hung a bit lower with a guitar hanger instead:

RL in Fla

A screw (or 2) to keep side-side/up-down movement stopped and you're there .

Last edited:

janosfia

Interior doors these days are not usually made of solid wood and would never, IMO, support the weight of a guitar unless the hanger was positioned over the top of the door. I don't think anything screwed into the door would do it.

sqadan

This sounds like an accident waiting to happen...

Also - you are better off keeping you guitars in cases anyway.

Keeping it displayed out in the open makes it easier to pick up and play more often. There are no-damage guitar door hangers for doors, works for apartments or small spaces when you have equipment everywhere, one that keeps the guitar from swinging, DoorJamz Guitar Hangers, they look good on the website guitarhang.com

Trending Topics