(guitar is finished/returned) Not good experience with Phil Jacoby of Philtone Guitar Company

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Befuddled, Sep 2, 2017.

1. mattmccloskey

mattmccloskey Supporting Member

I don’t apologize for Phil, but what in the world could they do for him? It’s not like a customer of his that didn’t have problems can just drive to Phil’s shop, walk in and take someone else’s gear!

HERSCHEL likes this.
  2. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Supporting Member

Let’s pretend for a moment that Phil forgot about the guitar because he’s so inundated with work due to his stellar reputation. As a “friend”, like so many people have come out on here, wouldn’t someone at least talk to him about it? Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think he frequents this forum.

It seems reasonable that if he’s a “friend” that you would help him do actual damage control by making him aware of it and putting pressure on him to take care of a customer 3 years in the running.

The fact that anyone would have to do this is stunning, but he’s such a “great guy” and hasn’t burned everyone in this thread so I guess that’s acceptable.

3. MisterBoh

MisterBoh Member

I doubt anyone wants to get involved in something like that. Blastbeat, nobody likes confrontation but you should take care of this yourself in person. Sometimes unpleasantness just can't be avoided. What's stunning is living within an hour or so of Baltimore and trying to post a bounty of sorts to avoid dealing with this.

4. Wagster

Wagster Member

Not a fan, that's for sure.

brbadg likes this.
  5. FlyingVBlues

FlyingVBlues Gold Supporting Member

I talked to Phil about this issue several months ago and I thought it was resolved. I have an appointment with Phil later this month and I will try to get Blastbeat's parts. We exchanged PMs about this about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  6. FlyingVBlues

Don’t discount the possibility that someone accused of being a shill has been a lurker for sometime and elected to join TGP due to the nature of this thread.

7. Tone Loco

Tone Loco Silver Supporting Member

I think that’s admirable of you, sincerely.

8. FlyingVBlues

I was at Phil's yesterday having some work done on 3 of my guitars. While I was there I picked up Blastbeat's guitar and as soon as he gets back to me I will arrange to ship it to him.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  9. BPlexico

BPlexico Gold Supporting Member