• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Guitar Leads That Fit The Song

mrpinter

Gold Supporting Member
The lead starts about 2:19; I think it's pretty well done and fits perfectly into the song

amstrtatnut

A lot of times I think there could have been any number of approaches to the solo but, we've heard the recorded one so much we've been brainwashed.

Ive heard any number of Led Zep bootlegs and different versions of Dead tunes. Invariably, my favorites always end up the one I've heard the most.

Thats not to take away great solos in songs, just that it might have been a different one by a hair.

My vote goes to Glen Frey in the outro of I Cant Tell You Why. Perfect.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
Here’s one you won’t hear often but Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues always played to better the song.

Last edited:

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
C'mon... There's an endless list...

Who's Crying Now to Devil Take the Hindmost from Beat It to Cult of Personality from Elephant Talk to Gimme Shelter from Catch a Train to Hideaway from Taxman to My Sweet Lord from...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom