Guitar Lessons/Teacher in Phoenix area?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Facemelt, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Somewhere south of hell & north of Mexico
    I was wondering if any of you guys know of a good place/person to go to for guitar lessons in the Phoenix Arizona area. I am in the East Valley so that side would be ideal. I have looked on Craigslist and online for ideas but I was wondering if anybody in the Phoenix area has any suggestions. So far I have been learning through some help from friends that play but I'd like to get a little more structure from a knowledgeable person if I can. Any advice is appreciated :RoCkIn

2. mikeshoe

mikeshoe Member

How far on the east side? If you go to your local shop most will have instruction on premises or know of a good teacher. I'm taking lessons at Stages music on Scottsdale and Shea. I don't know if my instructor has any openings but I can pm you the guys name and number. Also you probably want to figure out what type of music you want to play and go to the GC nearest you, TONS of instructors drop off fliers there offering instruction and some may know who to go to for what genre. Hoped this helped:AOK

3. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Hey Mike, thanks for the reply! I hadn't thought about looking for flyers at GC or other places. I don't think I have a genre specificity really. I like Country, Rock, Blues, etc. I just want to be able to get better, faster. My progress is slow since I am essentially teaching myself at this point. I thought about just trying some people out but I hate wasting time on things that were never gonna be. I know everybody is different but with so many knowledgeable folks here I was hoping some of the Valley peeps would have some input.
    I am pretty far east. I am in Gilbert, near Queen Creek. There are a few music shops within 10 miles of me and there is the possibility of finding someone close by on Craigslist but if I can get some recommendations, that would be a cool place to start.

BTW, my Sister In Law lives up around there. I like that Guitar Center over there. Have you been to the Guitar Gallery of Scottsdale? Very cool shop. I went in a ways back to check out some Reverend guitars first hand. Nice people in there and a bunch of cool guitars :)

4. SpaceOddity

SpaceOddity Member

Thanks for the kind words, I'm one of the guys that works up front. I was going to suggest one of our teachers but that would be one hell of a drive to do every week. I'm not sure of any stores over there so getting a card or flier at GC may be the best bet.

5. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Yeah, Scottsdale probably wouldn't work for me but I will try to get back into your shop sometime. Last time I had my kids in the car with my wife so I couldn't hang out for long enough to really look around. Very cool palce though :)

6. mikeshoe

mikeshoe Member

Great place just had Chuck set up my strat last week.

7. jimmybcool

jimmybcool Supporting Member

Is Queen Creek still Arizona :rotflmao

I know a good teacher but he would be a trek for you. He is in 32nd Street and Thunderbird. Best of luck.

8. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Ha ha, barely. You'd be surprised how much it has grown out here. Besides, Queen Creek has the Queen Creek Olive Mill, Schnepf Farms, and most importantly, The Pork Shop - some of the most excellent bacon around!:dude

Anyone else have a recommendation for the East Valley?

9. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

TAlk to TJ at TJ's music, He probably has someone to refr for you. Great guy and great music store.

10. Facemelt

Facemelt Member

Thanks teleman1. I will look into TJ's. He's in Chandler right?

Anyone else?

11. teleman1

teleman1 Supporting Member

Arizona av & Elliot I believe. N/W corner.