Guitar Note Finder & learning the notes on the fretboard

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by pinbridge, May 15, 2015.

1. pinbridge

pinbridge Member

For any board member looking to memorise & recognise the notes on the fretboard! Release of a new book titled Guitar Note Finder. The book is an aid to learning the note names on the fretboard and associating them to a pitch on the music staff. The fretboard is divided into three sections and a quiz tests your progress, one note at a time. All the necessary reference diagrams are provided upfront.

You can find excerpts on Amazon or at www.pelemeleworks.com
    Feel free to use the contact form there if you have any questions.

Thanks.

2. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

Well, it sounds like a positive effort but there is only one way to learn the fretboard and that is through experience. This book could be part of that experience but not the magic nuggett. Experience takes effort in that direction. Jazz band in college kicked my butt and I worked hard to keep up. I actually became a much better chart reader, chord symbles as well as notes and rhythms.
    Playing tunes out of the fake books have been a self motivated study that has acted as a platform to learn the neck and it really has worked.
    Any activity that gets you thinking and remembering the neck is good, and there should be many in your experience.
    It has to be self motivated.

3. UnderTheGroove

UnderTheGroove Supporting Member

It looks like a good book and I think it would be useful for anyone who is willing to put in the work to learn the fretboard. I've been using this exercise for my students, and it looks like your book has similar exercises.