Guitar players who sound like there are multiples of them when playing live

sws1

Then there's The Edge, but I read somewhere that U2 perform with another guitar player hidden backstage.

They USED to have a keyboard player back stage playing some parts. But that's all tracks now.

On a rare song, if there is a 2nd guitar sound, it would be on a track. e.g., Bullet the Blue Sky

They USED to have a keyboard player back stage playing some parts. But that's all tracks now.

On a rare song, if there is a 2nd guitar sound, it would be on a track. e.g., Bullet the Blue Sky
What section of “Bullet” uses a guitar track when playing live? The solo?

John Quinn

Gold Supporting Member
I can only think of Nick McCabe. I thought of Robert Fripp but the King Crimson live videos I've seen always feature other guitar players.

Then there's The Edge, but I read somewhere that U2 perform with another guitar player hidden backstage.

McCabe is like a one-man guitar orchestra

They have a second guitarist.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Danny Gatton.....I read an interview with someone that used to play guitar with him in a band and the interviewer suggested that it would be a tough gig. The guy said "no, it's actually an easy gig. If I couldn't get the part Danny would just say, 'Okay, I'll play that part too' and give me something easier."

Me.

This one sounds like I'm also playing bass. Drums were added afterwards by iPad music memos.

or this.

Maybe i can dig up some of my earlier Stanley Jordan style stuff.

This does yet doesn't:
http://hummingbirdstudios.org/foundation/content/sound/music/krpm/Tocking-GlockSprings.wav

Alas, I seem to have lost my earliest craziest stuff which really did.
And then there's the stuff where I'm playing slide-guitar, slide-sax, theremin, and keyboard drums with my toes all at the same time, but i figure that doesn't count.

Beto

Silver Supporting Member
Paulinho Nogueira first plays the the first vocal melody. Then the second vocal melody. If you know the song, you know what comes next:

Kiko Loureiro also has some skills reganding the topic of this thread:

Top Bottom