Guitar Port users. What else do I need?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by zekmoe, Jul 29, 2006.

1. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I've been interested in a simple computer recording system, not for replacing my larger home studio, but for jotting down ideas, jamming and learning tunes. I saw the Line 6 guitar port, and it seemed like a simple device. What else would I need for plugging in my guitar and captureing a few song riffs before forgetting them? Anyone have one care to comment on it's use? It's for sitting in my office and noodling and learning. Not to replace anything to serious, although I'm not against that in principal ; )
    I want something in my office to replace the idea of a 4 track cassette system with some canned drum riffs to get down song frameworks.

2. Grap

Grap Member

3. Pedro58

Pedro58 Supporting Member

Kristal? It's free, anyway. Also, Line 6 sells a recording software that should work seamlessly with the Port. I forget the name, but you could check their website for it.

4. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I wasn't that clear. I have several multi track computer programs. I don't want another. I wanted a simple, press and go with pre recorded drum beats, or even metronomes to record one track. Myself and the drum. I liken it to an old cassette tape recorder I used to always have near my bed. But better because of the different guitar sounds and a few dozen back beats. Something to get the idea down quickly before it's forgotten. Sometimes by the time I get the program going and levels set etc... I forgot what the riff was like. Memory issues probably.(mine, not the computers)
    I wonder if something like the Korg pandora line would be better and then some mini disk or other mini recording format?

5. 60HzShuffle

60HzShuffle Member

Riffworks is pretty easy to use. I just got the Guitarport Rifftracker version for travel. Seems to work pretty well.