Guitar preamp pedal straight to PA problem

Gonkboy

I own an AMT C2 pedal that i love. Tonight iwas practicing with my band at a practice room and tried to go through the PA instead of using an amp. The AMT pedal has a cab sim out so it should work fine. Unfortunately it didn't work, but the weird thing was that when the cable was half way in (ie not fully plugged in but half inserted) it started working.
Does anyone know what i was doing wrong?
Thanks.

Gonkboy

I think i must have plugged into the TRS jack. To be honest i don't really know the difference. I'm learning about it now.

p.snail

I didn't see anything in the C2's manual about the output being balanced. What cable did you use for that jack? A guitar cable or a 1/4 to xlr?

I wonder if you stuck a TRS plug into an unbalanced input. You could try running a normal guitar cable from the sim out to either a direct box, or the high impedence input on the mixer.

p.snail

I think i must have plugged into the TRS jack. To be honest i don't really know the difference. I'm learning about it now.
The TRS plug is a balanced cable. Meaning the end has a Tip wired, a Ring wired and a Sleeve wire to ground. A normal unbalanced guitar cable has a Tip wired and a grounded sleeve.

If you look at 1/4 plug on a set of headphones you'll see the difference as compared to a guitar cable.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom